• Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello Everybody,

Before this post, I've searched the messages but I didn't found any message regarding my problem. Here is it:

I've just modified the role's name of a specific partner and its corresponding complementary name, the problem is that salesforce updated ONLY the main role name, not the complementary one, it's my error? Sholud I've to make a specific set of steps?

Thanks in advance

Hans Baumann.

• November 11, 2004

hello again, this is a new problem for anyone who can help.

I'm trying to connect to sforce API, from a scontrol. The scontrol is an activeX control developed with .net studio 2002 in C#, the control just try to login using the usual API calls. When I try it in a windows application, it's works fine, but then I embed it into a web page (that will be the page to be called via WIL) I get the following error:

Request for the permission of type System.Net.WebPermission, System, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed. mscorlib at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckHelper(PermissionSet grantedSet, PermissionSet deniedSet, CodeAccessPermission demand, PermissionToken permToken)
at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(PermissionToken permToken, CodeAccessPermission demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Int32 checkFrames, Int32 unrestrictedOverride)
at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(CodeAccessPermission cap, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand()
at System.Net.HttpRequestCreator.Create(Uri Uri)
at System.Net.WebRequest.Create(Uri requestUri, Boolean useUriBase)
at System.Net.WebRequest.Create(Uri requestUri)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebRequest(Uri uri)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebRequest(Uri uri)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.GetWebRequest(Uri uri)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at seleRED.scontrol.com.salesforce.na1.SforceService.login(String username, String password)
at seleRED.scontrol.ShippingValidator.Valida()

The function that raises the exception is this:

public void Valida()
{

txtResultado.Lines = "Validando...,Ingresando a salesforce...".Split(',');
  sforce.SforceService conexion = new sforce.SforceService();
try
{
  sforce.LoginResult resultado = conexion.login("mylogin","mypassword");

conexion.SessionHeaderValue = new sforce.SessionHeader();
  conexion.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId = resultado.sessionId;
  conexion.Url = resultado.serverUrl;

txtResultado.Lines = "Validating...,login in salesfoce...,ready!".Split(',');
}
catch (Exception horror)
{
  txtResultado.Text = "Error : " + horror.Message + " " +   horror.Source + " " + horror.StackTrace;
}

}

Any clue is wellcome,

Thanks,
Hans.

Message Edited by Hans on 07-20-2004 03:26 AM

• July 20, 2004

Hello, I'm using the new feature that let us to put web integration links in customized objects (a pretty fact to be honest, good work guys!), at this time everything works ok, but the fact is that the page is very slow when I get it for the first time. I thought it's because it needs to be downloaded once, but when it log out and log in again, the same happened, I have to open the web link twice or more (in a session) to get the page show faster.

I've seen the IE properties and there's no option (perhaps there are and I didn't find it) to control the persistence of an activex control.

This may be a simple stuff but I can't get rid of it!!..

Thanks,

Hans.

• July 20, 2004

Hi,

I have a new question.

Since I've looking around salesforce, it seems that you cannot configure creating permissions on a custom object, what I want to do, is to set for example two kind of users, one who can create, edit, and delete the customs objects the user owns, and another one who just can duplicate, but don't edit nor create new ones if the user isn't the owner of that object.

Thanks,

Hans.

• June 01, 2004

Hi everyone, does anybody knows how you can block an object (for example a custom object) from the API?

In other words, I am checking for data updates in a replication scenario. To avoid offset updates from the client, a pretty way to achieve it is to block that object from being edited again. I was looking for the API in order to change the object's permissions to a higher level, but I didn't find anything.

Somebody knows another way?

Thanks,
Hans.

• May 13, 2004

Hi everyone, I've been waiting for this release hoping that customs objects should have more functionality, but I don't know if I'm too much exigent. My question is if you have considered to extend the WIL functionality to all objects, including the custom ones, or at least the custom controls (anyway I believe that both are too much connected to isolate one from each other)

Thanks,

Hans.

• April 29, 2004

Hi everyone, does anybody knows how you can block an object (for example a custom object) from the API?

In other words, I am checking for data updates in a replication scenario. To avoid offset updates from the client, a pretty way to achieve it is to block that object from being edited again. I was looking for the API in order to change the object's permissions to a higher level, but I didn't find anything.

Somebody knows another way?

Thanks,
Hans.

• May 13, 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to create a sControl using Visual C#, but MSDN says that Windows User Control (.NET version of ActiveX control) can no longer be hosted on Internet Explorer...  I tried Web User Control but it seems that only works on asp pages...

Does anybody know if I can create a sControl in Visual C#?

thx, nucks, 

• January 20, 2004