• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am looking to be steared in the right direction. I have been asked to create an internal dashboard/portal that displays upto date information taken from Impact. Along the lines of 'how many leads have been created today' - 'How many oppertunities has each person created' etc

I don't know if there are any templates out there that I could use, or if anyone had created something similar and could give me some advise on ways to achieve this?

Thanks in advance group,
Alex
  • February 02, 2006
When using the sforce sconnector to create multiple records in sforce I get the error:

Error generated by request:service unavaliable

Choosing the logout session option and then continuing to add records (and providing my login credentials again) seems to resolve the issue. but ideally i would like to not have to monitor the import for this error as it is slowing everything down.
  • March 18, 2005
I am using sForce Connector and it is a fantastic tool - it really is making my job of uploading all our records to SF a much easier task to perfrom.

However on some records the connector just seems to hang. Excel will be running at 99% and the conector will indicate it is 'DoCreate One Row' for whatever number record it is on.

I have had a good look at the records that this happens on and I cannot see anything wrong with those records. Can anyone suggest any ideas for what is happening or some ideas for stopping this from occuring?

Thanks in advance.
  • March 16, 2005
I have a quick question regarding the API - do I need to create/buy a unique user for my API to use or can I have the API use my credentials.

In the case of the API using my credentials, can the API login and run while I am currently logged in to the web interface?

I understand that the API will have the rights of the login user it uses - and that the data it (potentially) rights will also have those attributes.

Thanks.
  • February 28, 2005
We are looking to move from our ACT CRM system to SalesForce - I am looking for a way to import the notes etc related to the leads in ACT to the contacts in SF.com

I have had a look through the Forums here and know that this is possible, but I'd like to find some open source tools or code examples to learn how to do this for our environment. Ideally I'd like to do this via VB script or PHP - if anyone could help with some sample scripts/examples or just recommendations on how to achieve this that would be a great help.

I think this will be a one-off Import. We will use the built in importers to populate the Account and Contact information in SF - it is just bring in the Notes from ACT and recording them against each contact that I am not sure how to do.

Thanks in advance,
Alex
  • February 28, 2005
I am looking to be steared in the right direction. I have been asked to create an internal dashboard/portal that displays upto date information taken from Impact. Along the lines of 'how many leads have been created today' - 'How many oppertunities has each person created' etc

I don't know if there are any templates out there that I could use, or if anyone had created something similar and could give me some advise on ways to achieve this?

Thanks in advance group,
Alex
  • February 02, 2006
I have a workbook that uses information from SFDC to perform certain calculations. I need to have multiple people be able to access the workbook at the same time. In order to do this I want to Enable the Shared Workbook functionality of Excel (I am using 2003). However when I enable this feature the automatic update functionality of the SFDC Excel Connector is disabled. And in fact I cannot even perform a manual update.

Has anyone else seen this and should I be able to use the Excel Connector in a shared workbook?

Thanks
When using the sforce sconnector to create multiple records in sforce I get the error:

Error generated by request:service unavaliable

Choosing the logout session option and then continuing to add records (and providing my login credentials again) seems to resolve the issue. but ideally i would like to not have to monitor the import for this error as it is slowing everything down.
  • March 18, 2005
I am using sForce Connector and it is a fantastic tool - it really is making my job of uploading all our records to SF a much easier task to perfrom.

However on some records the connector just seems to hang. Excel will be running at 99% and the conector will indicate it is 'DoCreate One Row' for whatever number record it is on.

I have had a good look at the records that this happens on and I cannot see anything wrong with those records. Can anyone suggest any ideas for what is happening or some ideas for stopping this from occuring?

Thanks in advance.
  • March 16, 2005

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this.  I create a custom object - Call Report - which has a number of different fields.  Because we are still not integrated with Lotus Notes, I need to come up with some way to email the call report information without a lot of cut and paste.  Email option is not available from a custom object so I am trying to create a link that opens the email pop up window, calls an email template and then populate the template with info from the call report.  This is what I have so far:

https://na1.salesforce.com/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=%2F00630000001YuWK&what_id=00630000001YuWK&template_id=00X30000000fkTW&new_template=1&p2

So the email window opens, the template is called, the merge fields show up, but nothing gets populated.  I don't know how to call the info from the current call report.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Patti

• February 28, 2005