• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Can somebody help here?

Need to suppress the delete number of records message box.

Dim msg$: msg = "You are about to DELETE: " & CStr(Selection.Rows.Count) & " " & g_objectType & _
   " record(s)"
  'If (MsgBox(msg, vbApplicationModal + vbOKCancel + vbExclamation + vbDefaultButton1,"-- Ready to Update Salesforce.com --") = vbCancel) Then GoTo done

Thanks,

Roy

• April 26, 2010
Using Excel VBA I am trying to create  the  login box with a login automatically check box.  The login would use the last login credentials if the check box was checked.  Ideally we want to use this feature in a auto open macro to refresh a set of web query reports. 

Can somebody help me out with this?

Thanks,

Roy D

• September 11, 2008
Is there a function similar to sfemail that will return a lead id instead of a contact id? Thanks, Roy roy@bmf.com
All,

Before executing my Excel macro I need to check to see if the Salesforce Office add in is connected. Anyone have code to check so I don't get the runtime 1004 error?

Has anyone used the sendkey function to perform auto logon?

Thanks,

Roy
Does anyone know how to expose the Converted Account ID and the Converted Prospect ID in the Leads Database from the SalesForce report writer. Using the Sales Force Office Connect XLA and I am downloading Fiscal Contacts Data and Lead data and Opportunity data.

I need a key to link it together.
Contact(Prospect ID) = Lead(Converted Prospect ID)= Lead(

Basically what I am doing is pulling all the Contact Data and finding out if there is a certain stage from the Opportunity. I can do this in the sforce connect with the "in" table join very easlily. Hard to do in Sales Force report writer to get raw data for a pivot table.

Im running out of ideas. Anyone help???

Thanks,

Roy
  • March 02, 2006
Trying to figure out a good way to calulate the % of contacts that are converted into leads that have a opportunity stage = Enrolled. Any ideas ?

I want to present the data in Excel on a pivot table

Qtr=4 July
Campaign Contacts Leads %Conv
A654 200 50 25%

Thanks,

Roy
  • February 21, 2006
Hi all,

New to group please be nice

Using the Excel connector and refreshing Lead data.

Can somebody give me a example of creating a column of data using a custom formula.
The formula is based on the create date in the Salesforce Inquiry data

The customer has a non standard fiscal year

create date QTR
04/01/2005 QTR(a2)

As the data is refreshed the formula needs to be filled down with the data for use in a pivot table. I noticed the formula header can not touch the data header of the excel connector errors out. I can write a macro to do this but it seems like a waste to run the macro every time the data is refreshed.

Thanks,

Roy
  • February 21, 2006

Anyone know why the Excel connector cannot see the Quote tables?  How do I fix this?

Thanks!

Can somebody help here?

Need to suppress the delete number of records message box.

Dim msg$: msg = "You are about to DELETE: " & CStr(Selection.Rows.Count) & " " & g_objectType & _
   " record(s)"
  'If (MsgBox(msg, vbApplicationModal + vbOKCancel + vbExclamation + vbDefaultButton1,"-- Ready to Update Salesforce.com --") = vbCancel) Then GoTo done

Thanks,

Roy

• April 26, 2010
Hi,

I'm VERY new to the developer side of Salesforce, having used the Salesforce product within our Support department in my current role.

I didn't really know where to post this, but here goes...

I would like to connect to our Salesforce DB from within both Outlook and possibly Excel using the VBA coding area from both.

Could someone explain how I go about this and whether it's possible.  I assume that it is possible from the various threads I've read so far, but if someone could maybe provide some examples of how to connect to the DB as a particular user and extract data from the database that would be great.

Many many thanks!!!!
All,

Before executing my Excel macro I need to check to see if the Salesforce Office add in is connected. Anyone have code to check so I don't get the runtime 1004 error?

Has anyone used the sendkey function to perform auto logon?

Thanks,

Roy
Hello,
I have a mismatch between the "Reports" feature of Salesforce, and the Excel Connector.

While in "Reports", I select the Account table, choose a few fields to view, and select "all visible accounts" and set my start date to 1/1/1999 with no end date.  Our company started in 2003, so that includes all Accounts.  Then I "Export Details to Excel".
Using Reports, my record count is 5322

When I use the Excel connector, I choose every column in the Account table, and add NO selection criteria for the query.
Using the Excel Connecor, my record count is 318. 

When I noticed the discrepancy, I checked a few of the account records, placed them in edit mode and saved the record.  Once I did that, the Excel Connector seemed to pull down the recently edited account when I re-ran the query, increasing my record count.  But it's a far cry from the 5000 records that the Excel Connector does NOT pull down.

Am I doing something wrong?  How do I pull down ALL records using the Excel connector.