• ABSI

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

We are experiencing some problems in our citrix environment since the implementation of salesforce. We use Citrix version XPe with a memory of 125MB per user.

The current problems are :

1/ De Excel connector is available for some users, depending on the server which is allocated by the load balancing. We have reinstalled the program several times, but that didn't solve the problem.

2/ We have the same problem in Word.

3/ We notice an exponential growth in the memory usage on our servers.

Each user, independent of being a salesforce user, apparently has a double memory usage in Word, Excel and Outlook. This double memory usage happens as from the moment when word, excel and outlook have been opened, even if they are not working in salesforce.

Is there someone having same kind of issue and solutions ?

regards

Benny

Hi,

I would like to send a notification email when someone change a defined field on an object.

sample :
I have custom fields (Qty, Price,...)
they are used in formulas (Tot = QTY * Price)

On edit/save, I want to send an email to a Manager if TOT is changed

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

Hello

I am using the Apex Explorer to build my Queries for my S-Control.
The problem is that access to Parent fields on certain object are not working.

Here are two similar queries on different objects.

This is a Query on the Object : CaseComment that works fine
(for c.Parent.Subject)

Select c.Id, c.ParentId, c.CreatedBy.FirstName,c.CreatedBy.Type,
c.Parent.Id, c.Parent.Origin, c.Parent.OwnerId, c.Parent.Subject, c.Parent.Contact.FirstName, c.Parent.Contact.LastName, c.Parent.Account.Name, c.Parent.Owner.Alias,
from CaseComment c

This second similar Query on Object : EmailMessage does not work
(for e.Parent.Subject)

Select e.FromAddress, e.Id, e.Incoming, e.MessageDate,
e.ParentId, e.Parent.Subject
from EmailMessage e

Thanks for the help
Benny

I need to use a related field values like contact name within a formula fieds in a case.

Is there a way to use related object fields based on related id available in the record ?
Should  this be usefull feature request ?

see exemple hereafter :

Ex : IF({!ContactId}="", "Dear Customer","Dear " & {!LastName}[{!ContactId}] & " " & {!FirstName}[{!ContactId}])

thanks for the help
Benny

If you create a Product (Product2), enable scheduling and define a default revenue schedule, when you add that product to an Opportunity, a schedule will be created.

For instance, if my default revenue schedule is defined as:

• Revenue schedule type = Repeat Amount for each installment
  • Revenue Installment Period = monthly
  • Number Of Revenue Installments = 12

And then I add this product to an opportunity with a quantity of 1 and a price of $500, I'll see 12 schedule entries (OpportunityLineItemSchedule records), $500 each, and occurring every month.

If I add this same product to an opportunity through Apex and specify quantity=1 and price=500, the product (OpportunityLineItem) will be added, but no schedule entries will be created.

Here's my code:

Product2 search_product = [select Id from Product2 where ProductCode='Budget_T1_LP_Call_Proxy']; Pricebook2 pricebook = [SELECT Id, Name FROM Pricebook2 WHERE isStandard=true AND isDeleted=false AND isActive=true]; PricebookEntry pbentry=null; try { pbentry = [select Id from PricebookEntry where Pricebook2Id=:pricebook.Id and Product2Id=:search_product.Id and isActive=true and UnitPrice=0 and UseStandardPrice=false]; } catch (System.Queryexception e) { pbentry = new PricebookEntry(Pricebook2Id=pricebook.Id,Product2Id=search_product.Id,isActive=true,UnitPrice=0,UseStandardPrice=false); insert pbentry; } OpportunityLineItem opp_product = new OpportunityLineItem(OpportunityId=io.Opportunity__c,PriceBookEntryId=pbentry.Id,Quantity=1, UnitPrice=io.monthly_budget__c, ServiceDate=io.Monthly_budget_bill_date__c ); insert opp_product;

My guess is that Salesforce wrote code to create the schedule outside of the standard controller and it is not executed when you simply add the product through Apex.

Thoughts? Can anyone confirm this?

For some background, see these posts:

1. Revenue scheduling unit test not working
  2. Can't test product scheduling
  • March 16, 2009