• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I opened the "sforce_connect.xla" file.  This is the file that later I saw a not that says "resist the temptation to open this file" in the installation instructions.  Now I am now unable to use the Excel Connector correctly, and I think that opening that file might be the reason for the following problems. . . .

I have tried installing and uninstalling excel connector several times since opening the .xla file by mistake.  Once I get it installed and the sforce connector button showing in excel, then when I select the Query option from it's dropdown, SF gives me the following error message:

" The macro "C:\Documents and Settings\sg0897039\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLKAC\sforce_connect.xla'!sfDescribeAndQuery' cannot be found. "

A similar message appears for all the options I have tried to select, just replacing '!sfDescribeAndQuery' with whichever option I tried to select.  I think OLKAC is my temporary files folder, but even when I finally access OLKAC, I don't see the sforce_connect.xla file in there.

Please help me :)

I think there might be a bug in the AJAX beta 2 toolkit.  I'm on Eastern Standard Time and I'm trying to set a GMT time into a date/time field in salesforce.  The date being saved in salesforce always seems to be 1 day off when I enter any time between 7:00 PM EST - 11:00 PM EST/

I have a s-control with a text field that has the following value: 3/15/2006 7:00 PM
Here's my code: (logMessage() is a function that displays debugging message on my screen)

var date = new Date(form.textField.value);
logMessages("date is " + date); displays Wed Mar 15 2006 19:00:00 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

logMessages("setting UTCYear to " + date.getUTCFullYear()); displays 2006
logMessages("setting UTCMonth to " + date.getUTCMonth()); displays 2
logMessages("setting UTCDate to " + date.getUTCDate()); displays 16
logMessages("setting UTCHours to " + date.getUTCHours()); displays 0
logMessages("setting UTCMinutes to " + date.getUTCMinutes); displays 0
logMessages("setting UTCSeconds to " + date.getUTCSeconds()); displays 0

date.setUTCFullYear(date.getUTCFullYear(), date.getUTCMonth(), date.getUTCDate());
date.setUTCHours(date.getUTCHours(), date.getUTCMinutes(), date.getUTCSeconds());

Then I set the field with something like: field.set("myCustomField__c", date);

When I pull the date back in to the scontrol, I get 3/14/2006 7:00 PM

Now when I extract the value being saved with the data loader this is what I get:
2006-03-15T00:00:00.000Z (notice it's setting gmt date to the 15th and not the 16th).

This happens with any time between 7 pm - 11 pm EST.  If I enter 12:00 AM, I get the correct date and time.

Is there a fix for this?

• March 16, 2006
I created a custom object with a lookup reference to the Account object, and then I built a series of reports against the new object. Later I thought I wanted the Account to be a master of the custom object, so I changed the relationship. Now when I attempted to run the reports created against the custom object, I get the dreaded "Report Obsolete" error. Is there an easy way to restore these reports, or must I manually re-create them?

Thanks.
  • February 14, 2006