• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm trying to migrate some older s-controls to force.com, but some mission critical tools written suddenly do not work today:

https://www.salesforce.com/services/lib/ajax/beta3.3/sforceclient.js

This link does not work anymore either. This is causing a sforceClient undefined error when running through the dev tools in a browser. Newer versions seem to work, but we have over a hundred S-controls that still need migration work.

Any idea when this will be back online?

Looking for a senior force.com developer in the GTA/Toronto area. Duties will include working on a number of projects including both UI, ETL & Middleware components and completing various in house applications within a construction/manufacturing vertical. This is an internal position and candidates will be expected to work from our head office in Whitby, ON (Canada) 40 hours/week.

Skillsets
  • Minimum 2-3 year experience with Force.com (Visualforce, Apex, S-controls, Triggers, Apex Data Loader, etc.)
  • Legacy S-Control Skills (including migration of components to vf/apex)
  • HTML/CSS/Ajax Skills 
  • .NET/AIR/FLEX Skills are not mandatory, but preferred

Details Required

• Current Employment

Please send details to:

jasonf <at> pro-bel <dot> ca

I have a custom controller that retrieves some data

public class customControllerToGetData {

...Query and Return data for a particular Account

}

This is then connected to a VF page HOME:

<apex:page sidebar="false" showHeader="false" Controller="customControllerToGetData">

...Show The Account From The Query In The customControllerToGetData class

</apex:page>

The user then navigates to another VF page (SHOWCUSTOMDATA) that has an extension

<apex:page sidebar="false" showHeader="false" Controller="customControllerToGetData" extensions="customExtension">

...Use the Account from the customControllerToGetData class and consume this in the customExtension class and show record from a customData object

The class for the extension is below:

public class customExtension {

private final customControllerToGetData controlreference;

public customExtension(customControllerToGetData customController) {

this.controlreference=customController;

}

public List<customData> getCustomData() {

List<customData> lstCustom = Database.query('Select Id, Account__c from customData where Account__c In :controlreference.Account');

}

}

This functions as intended.

HOWEVER, when I then navigate to a 3rd VF page (SHOWCUSTOMDATAALTERNATE) that is identical in functionality to the above controller extension with the same constructor and query:

<apex:page sidebar="false" showHeader="false" Controller="customControllerToGetData" extensions="customExtensionAlternate">

...Use the Account from the customControllerToGetData class and consume this in the customExtensionAlternate class and show record from a customDataAlternate object

with the class:

public class customExtensionAlternate {

public customExtensionAlternate(customControllerToGetData customController) {

}

public List<customData> getCustomDataAlternate() {

List<customData> lstCustom = Database.query('Select Id, Account__c from customDataAlternate where Account__c In :controlreference.Account');

}

}

The constructor in the customExtensionAlternate does not consume the customControllerToGetData controller in the constructor. It simply passes nothing and thus the query being called in the class that need to reference the Account cannot do so.

I'm at a loss here...

I'm basically calling a return Page.HOME, then return PAGE.SHOWCUSTOMDATA, then return a PAGE.SHOWCUSTOMDATAALTERNATE. The last page will always issue a attempt to de-reference a null object error. I don't understand how one extension consumes the original custom controller in its constructor properly and the other extension does not. The constructors are identical in both extensions.

If anyhow can help me out here, that would be much appreciated.

I'm trying to migrate some older s-controls to force.com, but some mission critical tools written suddenly do not work today:

https://www.salesforce.com/services/lib/ajax/beta3.3/sforceclient.js

This link does not work anymore either. This is causing a sforceClient undefined error when running through the dev tools in a browser. Newer versions seem to work, but we have over a hundred S-controls that still need migration work.

Any idea when this will be back online?

Could NOT install force.com IDE in eclipse (Kepler). Also http://www.adnsandbox.com/tools/ide/install/ is not working. Can you please give right location path?

I have a custom controller that retrieves some data

public class customControllerToGetData {

...Query and Return data for a particular Account

}

This is then connected to a VF page HOME:

<apex:page sidebar="false" showHeader="false" Controller="customControllerToGetData">

...Show The Account From The Query In The customControllerToGetData class

The user then navigates to another VF page (SHOWCUSTOMDATA) that has an extension

<apex:page sidebar="false" showHeader="false" Controller="customControllerToGetData" extensions="customExtension">

...Use the Account from the customControllerToGetData class and consume this in the customExtension class and show record from a customData object

The class for the extension is below:

public class customExtension {

public customExtension(customControllerToGetData customController) {

}

public List<customData> getCustomData() {

List<customData> lstCustom = Database.query('Select Id, Account__c from customData where Account__c In :controlreference.Account');

}

}

This functions as intended.

HOWEVER, when I then navigate to a 3rd VF page (SHOWCUSTOMDATAALTERNATE) that is identical in functionality to the above controller extension with the same constructor and query:

<apex:page sidebar="false" showHeader="false" Controller="customControllerToGetData" extensions="customExtensionAlternate">

...Use the Account from the customControllerToGetData class and consume this in the customExtensionAlternate class and show record from a customDataAlternate object

with the class:

public class customExtensionAlternate {

public customExtensionAlternate(customControllerToGetData customController) {

}

public List<customData> getCustomDataAlternate() {

List<customData> lstCustom = Database.query('Select Id, Account__c from customDataAlternate where Account__c In :controlreference.Account');

}

}

The constructor in the customExtensionAlternate does not consume the customControllerToGetData controller in the constructor. It simply passes nothing and thus the query being called in the class that need to reference the Account cannot do so.

I'm at a loss here...

I'm basically calling a return Page.HOME, then return PAGE.SHOWCUSTOMDATA, then return a PAGE.SHOWCUSTOMDATAALTERNATE. The last page will always issue a attempt to de-reference a null object error. I don't understand how one extension consumes the original custom controller in its constructor properly and the other extension does not. The constructors are identical in both extensions.

If anyhow can help me out here, that would be much appreciated.