• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I would like to know if this is possible and if so how complex of a task it is.

I would like to customize the customer self-service portal to provide for more robust linking and file attachments from the customer. Everything about the current customer support interface is fine. The features I would like to include are:

1) Provide a look-up button and link fields to objects (and custom objects) in salesforce.com
2) Allow the customer to attach files to the customer support incidents

A sample use case is as follows:
A contact logs in with username and password. Based on another object (say account object) that the contact is associated to, a series of custom fields will be populated. Examples of these fields are product (should be linked to a products object). The contact then fills in the descriptions field with the problem they are experiencing with that product. The contact can then attach log files, images, word doc, zip files, etc... to the incident if they need to.  When the contact submits the incident the case object that is created should be linked to the selected product and have the attachments on it.  That case object may then spawn one or many bug objects. The bug object may then spawn one or many QA Test objects.

Is this functionality that is possible via customization through the salesforce API?  Is this a complex workflow to implement?  I'd be happy to provide more clarification if needed.

Thanks.
We are developing a custom SelfService portal that makes extensive use of the SalesForce API  using SOAP and PHP. Can anyone suggest a dedicated server IPP that rents Win 2k3 servers in the San Francisco area or a few short hops from SalesForce?