• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm using Partner Web Services API Version 11.1 with C#.  describeSObjectResult for the "Group"
object says: "Nillable == false" for the Name field.  This also agrees with documentation on
the Group object in "Force.com Web Services API Developer's Guide".

But when I query Group I get rows (from the default test data) where: "IsEmpty == true".  This
seems incorrect.  I don't get this situation for any other objects (i.e.: other objects always
have data in fields with Nillable set to false).

I'm having a hard time getting an answer to this question because it's being deleted from the forum after I post.  If you're the person deleting my posts, please email me an let me know why.  I'm asking legitimate questions about an apparent issue in the Web Services interface.   If you're a forum admin or moderator please email me if you intend to delete this. 

Thank you,
Martin Nickel

I'm using Partner Web Services API Version 11.1 with C#.  describeSObjectResult for the "Group" object says: "Nillable == false" for the Name field.  This also agrees with documentation on the Group object in "Force.com Web Services API Developer's Guide".

But when I query Group I get rows (from the default test data) where: "IsEmpty == true".  This seems incorrect.  I don't get this situation for any other objects (i.e.: other objects always have data in fields with Nillable set to false).

I posted this about 12 hours ago but it was deleted.  I'm sure that was accidental since I didn't receive an email or any other notification about the deletion.  If you happen to be the person who deleted my earlier post and I should be asking the question somewhere else, please email to let me know that.
I'm using Partner Web Services API Version 11.1 with C#. 

describeSObjectResult for the "Group" object says that nillable == false for the "Name" field.  It's also documented that way in the Force.com Web Services API Developer's Guide.  But when I query against the Group object I get quite a few rows with IsEmpty == true. 

This is only happening on the Group object Name field.  I'm successful on everything else - in other words, for all other non-nillable fields on all other objects I (so far) always get a non-empty column when I query. 

Suggestions?
We're developing an application which does not have any managed components.  It will be installed to a customer's server and will access their SalesForce.com data through the Web Services API. 
It is not clear to me how we'll be able to advertise our application on AppExchange.  Is there a way to package downloadable components?

Martin Nickel
214-808-3675
I login to salesforce.com developer, click Setup, Build, Code and then click Generate from WSDL.  I browse to our wsdl and then get an error.

The error I get is "Error: Failed to parse wsdl: Unknown element: import."  Does Apex support .Net 3.0 WCF services?

Ryan
  • January 18, 2008
Is there any document whic give me the MetaData API calls with .Net C# examples  .
  • January 14, 2008
Hello, when I call the Upsert method I get the following error: INVALID_FIELD: Field name provided, LNG_ID__c is not readable for Account The Field LNG_ID__c is a custom numeric field which is set as an external ID field. I found on this board when I want to use numeric fields I als should set the specified value as true, but that didn't solve the problem. The following VB.NET code I use: Dim myConnection As SqlConnection Dim myCommand As SqlCommand Dim dr As SqlDataReader Dim strName As String Dim SFDCClient As New SFDCClient myConnection = New SqlConnection() myConnection.ConnectionString = GetConString() myConnection.Open() myCommand = New SqlCommand("Select * from relations", myConnection) dr = myCommand.ExecuteReader() Dim accounts As sforce.Account() = New sforce.Account(0) {} dr.Read() accounts(0) = New sforce.Account accounts(0).Name = dr("strcompany").ToString.Trim accounts(0).LNG_ID__c = CDbl(dr("lngID")) accounts(0).LNG_ID__cSpecified = True SFDCClient.Login() Dim result() As sforce.UpsertResult result = SFDCClient.sForceService.upsert("LNG_ID__c", accounts) Could it be a problem that mine field in Salesforce is double and the field in our database is an integer? So when I convert it to double it is like 1.0? Hope someone can help.
I'm using Partner Web Services API Version 11.1 with C#.  describeSObjectResult for the "Group"
object says: "Nillable == false" for the Name field.  This also agrees with documentation on
the Group object in "Force.com Web Services API Developer's Guide".

But when I query Group I get rows (from the default test data) where: "IsEmpty == true".  This
seems incorrect.  I don't get this situation for any other objects (i.e.: other objects always
have data in fields with Nillable set to false).

I'm having a hard time getting an answer to this question because it's being deleted from the forum after I post.  If you're the person deleting my posts, please email me an let me know why.  I'm asking legitimate questions about an apparent issue in the Web Services interface.   If you're a forum admin or moderator please email me if you intend to delete this. 

Thank you,
Martin Nickel