• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Since calling the Apex API with the "sfga" field included fails, I'm curious to know how the servlet at http://lct.salesforce.com/sfga knows which leads to correlate *before* the lead is actually inserted (be it via Apex API or the standard w2l servlet)?

Since SFGA can't be sandboxed, I want to make absolutely sure that our backend cross-posting mechanism will function as expected without creating a bunch of bogus leads, especially if the possibility exists that said leads might end up being correlated to production Adwords campaigns - this would be A Bad Thing(tm).

Thanks!
...is seriously beginning to annoy me.

I am subscribed to more than a few forum threads to keep on top of new information relating to issues I'm having re: API development, but 90% of the "new message" email notifications I've recieved this week are actually that jerk advertising his product on the forums, as well as just about every other SalesForce-oriented forum or blog *not* hosted by ADN.

Can we get a moderator to suspend this guy's ("diegarte") posting privileges? Out of 26 total messages (as of today) that he's posted in the ADN forums, EVERY SINGLE ONE is a pitch for his AppExchange product!

Go away, dude!! Go hawk your wares somewhere else. Some people aren't here because they want to be, they're here for community support [raises hand]. Either way, I'm sure they're definately not here to expose themselves to your shady "advertising campaign".

Sorry, all...
From a post in General Development titled "SolomonTransactionsID__c not specified":

SimonF wrote:
Sounds like you might be using .NET, in which case for scalar values you need to set the .NET specific specified flag as well, otherwise it doesn't send your data over the wire, e.g.

foo.SolomonTransactionsID__cSpecified = true;

I'm having a similiar issue with external ID fields when using the PHP Toolkit; might this be related to the value's data type, similiar to the .NET scenario?

I am getting the same <external id field name> not specified errors anytime I try to use the SforcePartnerClient->upsert method. At the point where I am attempting to perform the upsert, doing a var_dump of my SObject instance produces the following:

object(SObject)[8]
public 'type' => string 'Lead' (length=4)
public 'fields' =>
array
'LastName' => string 'TEST' (length=4)
'FirstName' => string 'TEST' (length=4)
'Company' => string 'TEST, TEST' (length=10)
'MySQL_ID__c' => string '127' (length=3)

I've tried passing my external ID value as a quoted string ("127"), as a an integer (127), and as a double (127.0). Each time, I get the "not specified" error.

For the life of me, there doesn't seem to be any obvious solution to this problem, and it's driving me nuts - we are already having problems re: duplicate lead records, primarily due to a workaround that avoids the call to the upsert API method, which fails every single time.

Any insight into this issue is highly valued and greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance,
.e
GGF, Inc.
From a post in General Development titled "SolomonTransactionsID__c not specified":

SimonF wrote:
Sounds like you might be using .NET, in which case for scalar values you need to set the .NET specific specified flag as well, otherwise it doesn't send your data over the wire, e.g.

foo.SolomonTransactionsID__cSpecified = true;

I'm having a similiar issue with external ID fields when using the PHP Toolkit; might this be related to the value's data type, similiar to the .NET scenario?

I am getting the same <external id field name> not specified errors anytime I try to use the SforcePartnerClient->upsert method. At the point where I am attempting to perform the upsert, doing a var_dump of my SObject instance produces the following:

object(SObject)[8]
public 'type' => string 'Lead' (length=4)
public 'fields' =>
array
'LastName' => string 'TEST' (length=4)
'FirstName' => string 'TEST' (length=4)
'Company' => string 'TEST, TEST' (length=10)
'MySQL_ID__c' => string '127' (length=3)

I've tried passing my external ID value as a quoted string ("127"), as a an integer (127), and as a double (127.0). Each time, I get the "not specified" error.

For the life of me, there doesn't seem to be any obvious solution to this problem, and it's driving me nuts - we are already having problems re: duplicate lead records, primarily due to a workaround that avoids the call to the upsert API method, which fails every single time.

Any insight into this issue is highly valued and greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance,
.e
GGF, Inc.
Hi I'm having problems implementing SFGA on a web to lead form. Due to the requirements of the site I am developing, I can't use the standard ACTION for the form; the data must be captured in a database, sent via email and then a function is used to send it to Salesforce.com. The function's code (programmed in PHP) is as follows:

function sendToHost($host,$method,$path,$data,$useragent=0) {
    if (empty($method)) {
        $method = 'GET';
    }
    $method = strtoupper($method);
    $fp = fsockopen($host, 80);
    if ($method == 'GET') {
        $path .= '?' . $data;
    }
    fputs($fp, "$method $path HTTP/1.1\r\n");
    fputs($fp, "Host: $host\r\n");
    if ($method == 'POST') {
        fputs($fp,"Content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\r\n");
        fputs($fp, "Content-length: " . strlen($data) . "\r\n");
    }
    if ($useragent) {
        fputs($fp, "User-Agent: MSIE\r\n");
    }
    fputs($fp, "Connection: close\r\n\r\n");
    if ($method == 'POST') {
        fputs($fp, $data);
    }
    $buf = "";
    while (!feof($fp)) {
        $buf .= fgets($fp,128);
        $buf .= ".";
    }
    fclose($fp);
    return $buf;
}

And is invoked with:

$sfdata = "oid=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" .
     "&salutation="      . urlencode($HTTP_POST_VARS['x_salut'])            .
     "&first_name="      . urlencode($HTTP_POST_VARS['x_fname'])            .
     ... all the form fields go here ... );

$out = sendToHost("www.salesforce.com", "POST",        "/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8", $sfdata);

The problem that I'm having is that I don't know how to do to add the google adwords processing to this form.  The leads are being generated correctly.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance
Patricio

Message Edited by pcotro on 11-08-2007 12:43 PM

• November 08, 2007