• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Please, could someone help me correct my validation rule formula?

I'm trying to require information in a field if a multi-picklist contains the following

IF(INCLUDES (PRODUCTS__c, "SmartCart 602 Custom"),"SmartCart 602 Custom","")&
IF (INCLUDES (PRODUCTS__c,"SmartCart 602 Standard"),"SmartCart 602 Standard","")

Error: Formula result is data type (Text), incompatible with expected data type (true or false).

Thank you.

• November 11, 2010

Help, please.

I'm trying to take a case survey and link it back to the original case. The original case number is sent out with the survey email and as a link to the survey form on our web site. The case comes back in through web2case with the original case number in the custom field. I created a formula to create a link from this field to the original case. The link is taking me to a new page but says  "URL No Longer Exists" I must have something wrong in the formula.

If someone could please take a look and let me know what I'm missing, I would appreciate it.

I have tried the formula with {!Original_Case_Number__c}

Here is the formula:

if(len(Original_Case_Number__c)>0,

HYPERLINK( "/" & Original_Case_Number__c , Original_Case_Number__c,"_self") ,"Missing Case Number") 

• September 25, 2009

Please, could someone help me correct my validation rule formula?

I'm trying to require information in a field if a multi-picklist contains the following

IF(INCLUDES (PRODUCTS__c, "SmartCart 602 Custom"),"SmartCart 602 Custom","")&
IF (INCLUDES (PRODUCTS__c,"SmartCart 602 Standard"),"SmartCart 602 Standard","")

Error: Formula result is data type (Text), incompatible with expected data type (true or false).

Thank you.

• November 11, 2010

Help, please.

I'm trying to take a case survey and link it back to the original case. The original case number is sent out with the survey email and as a link to the survey form on our web site. The case comes back in through web2case with the original case number in the custom field. I created a formula to create a link from this field to the original case. The link is taking me to a new page but says  "URL No Longer Exists" I must have something wrong in the formula.

If someone could please take a look and let me know what I'm missing, I would appreciate it.

I have tried the formula with {!Original_Case_Number__c}

Here is the formula:

if(len(Original_Case_Number__c)>0,

HYPERLINK( "/" & Original_Case_Number__c , Original_Case_Number__c,"_self") ,"Missing Case Number") 

• September 25, 2009
Hi there,

I'm looking to create a registered users area on our website, which will allow users to register to download documents, but more importantly they can opt in to receiving emails from us. 

I would like to then store these 'leads' in Salesforce.

However, if the user asks to opt out of receiving email, I would like this to be stored in Salesforce with a flag ensuring that person is not sent emails.  I would then be able to only send email to those who had specifically asked to opt in.

Any idea if this is possible?

• April 16, 2008
Hi I'm having problems implementing SFGA on a web to lead form. Due to the requirements of the site I am developing, I can't use the standard ACTION for the form; the data must be captured in a database, sent via email and then a function is used to send it to Salesforce.com. The function's code (programmed in PHP) is as follows:

function sendToHost($host,$method,$path,$data,$useragent=0) {
    if (empty($method)) {
        $method = 'GET';
    }
    $method = strtoupper($method);
    $fp = fsockopen($host, 80);
    if ($method == 'GET') {
        $path .= '?' . $data;
    }
    fputs($fp, "$method $path HTTP/1.1\r\n");
    fputs($fp, "Host: $host\r\n");
    if ($method == 'POST') {
        fputs($fp,"Content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\r\n");
        fputs($fp, "Content-length: " . strlen($data) . "\r\n");
    }
    if ($useragent) {
        fputs($fp, "User-Agent: MSIE\r\n");
    }
    fputs($fp, "Connection: close\r\n\r\n");
    if ($method == 'POST') {
        fputs($fp, $data);
    }
    $buf = "";
    while (!feof($fp)) {
        $buf .= fgets($fp,128);
        $buf .= ".";
    }
    fclose($fp);
    return $buf;
}

And is invoked with:

$sfdata = "oid=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" .
     "&salutation="      . urlencode($HTTP_POST_VARS['x_salut'])            .
     "&first_name="      . urlencode($HTTP_POST_VARS['x_fname'])            .
     ... all the form fields go here ... );

$out = sendToHost("www.salesforce.com", "POST",        "/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8", $sfdata);

The problem that I'm having is that I don't know how to do to add the google adwords processing to this form.  The leads are being generated correctly.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance
Patricio

Message Edited by pcotro on 11-08-2007 12:43 PM

• November 08, 2007