• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Must be a very simple error here but after installing the "connect for outlook" program nothing happens.

I intall the link from the saleforce webpage but after installing it i open up outlook and nothing is different, no buttons or anything??  When I had it on my old comp it wasn't a problem, would vista be the problem or the fact I have onenote installed aswell??

any help appreciated!

dan
While Salesforce makes it very easy to sync Contacts with Outlook if you are the Contact Owner and you want to put the record in your Outlook Contact folder, we see no way to put this data into a Public Folder.

We are a small nonprofit that uses a cooperative, collaborative work model. We want to continue using our Outlook Public Folder, which is marked as an Outlook Address Book, for the entire office's email address database. Currently I run a nightly VB program that exports our Access data into Outlook Public Folder contacts. This works very well.

In Salesforce I only see a way to syncronize with Outlook user folders, not Public folders.

We would like to export all of our Contacts into a Public Folder. Is there a way to do this from within Salesforce? We'd rather not have to continue to rely on our Access VB procedure running off of a Salesforce export each night.

Thanks for any information
Jack Murphy
jack@treesforlife.org
I am a one man office and function as the sf.com user and administrator.  We are currently tagging all of our accounts by type (example of account type field value = client).  Additionally, we want all of the contact records under an account to be labeled as contact type = client.

We are currently having to manually enter in "client" under the contact type field for each contact we input.  Can anyone explain how to set up a rule so that a field in an account record is equal to the field in the contact record.  The goal is for the contact type field to auto generate the same value as under account.  In our example, sf.com would just automaticallly make the contact record type field prefill with "client" to match the account type field "client". 

Additionally, any reference to a qualified administrator in Dallas, Texas who could do some small coding projects like this would be appreciated. 

Steve

the menu shows up in outlook but when I create a new email the outlook options don't appear everytime. Any ideas?