• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm new to salesforce and having been trying to access some Apex webServices. I've downloaded the php toolkit and both the partner and integration wsdls, and tried to access a simple method called "subscribe", which gave me a "INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Illegal Session" error.

Looking about a bit I discovered it was necessary to get a session id first, which I am able to do via the partner wsdl and the "login" method. I then tried setting the sessionId for a new connection via a setSessionHeader call, but when I try and call the "subscribe" method again, I get the same invalid session error.

I am posting a bit of code to illustrate what I'm referring to below.

Code:
$mySforceConnection = new SforcePartnerClient();
$mySoapClient = $mySforceConnection->createConnection("includes/salesforce/soapclient/partner.wsdl.xml");
$mylogin = $mySforceConnection->login("username", "passandtoken");

$mySforceConnection2 = new SforcePartnerClient();
$mySoapClient2 = $mySforceConnection2->createConnection("includes/salesforce/integration.wsdl");
$mySforceConnection2->setSessionHeader($mylogin->sessionId);

Any tips, pointers or help would be greatly appreciated... thanks!
  • June 27, 2008
I'm new to salesforce and having been trying to access some Apex webServices. I've downloaded the php toolkit and both the partner and integration wsdls, and tried to access a simple method called "subscribe", which gave me a "INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Illegal Session" error.

Looking about a bit I discovered it was necessary to get a session id first, which I am able to do via the partner wsdl and the "login" method. I then tried setting the sessionId for a new connection via a setSessionHeader call, but when I try and call the "subscribe" method again, I get the same invalid session error.

I am posting a bit of code to illustrate what I'm referring to below.

Code:
$mySforceConnection = new SforcePartnerClient();
$mySoapClient = $mySforceConnection->createConnection("includes/salesforce/soapclient/partner.wsdl.xml");
$mylogin = $mySforceConnection->login("username", "passandtoken");

$mySforceConnection2 = new SforcePartnerClient();
$mySoapClient2 = $mySforceConnection2->createConnection("includes/salesforce/integration.wsdl");
$mySforceConnection2->setSessionHeader($mylogin->sessionId);

Any tips, pointers or help would be greatly appreciated... thanks!
  • June 27, 2008
I am new to APEX classes and have a few questions.  I posted once in the PHP forums to try and find a solution, but the answers were not clear

1)  If I create an APEX class can I access this from an external server/system or set of scripts that I write?  The script can be written in any language: PHP, Perl, etc....
2) Once I create the class and generate the WSDL from the class, do I download it and then use this like I do the Partner WSDL file

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

I hope this is not too generic to answer my questions

Thanks,
Mike