• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Guys,
Here is my issue and what i want to achieve, was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the best way to this and possibly point me in the direction of/give me an example of how to do this.

What i have is a button on the contact view where it pushes the selected contacts to the next page from here i have the id's of the contacts i want to send.  The new page will just be used as a processing data page but behind the scenes i need to get all of the contact records data and push it up to the web service.  I don't think there is a way i can do this using outbound messaging as i want to send the contacts that are selected on the previous page rather than a workflow rule kicking off the send.

So i my questions are:
1) What is the best way to send up all of this data to my web service? (Bearing in mind there could be a lot of contacts selected - 1,000's)
2) Should i send a message to my webservice then use the webservice to create a connection to extract the data to it OR create a link to my web service in the salesforce form then send the data to my web service direct?
3) What is the best format to send my data in? 
4) Are there any kind of Dataset kind of objects where i could get all of the data then do a big send? As there is a lot of it i have read about GZipping but not really to sure the details of this? Or is it best to send one contact at a time in an xml type format to split the fields up?

Any suggestions Welcome.
Thanks
Kev

Hi i am having problems with outbound messaging.

I have a web service at my end that i have tested and it works and returns me an ack value of true when i hit it in my test program, When i try and hit it from salesforce by making a change to a contact, i get this error.

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to read request. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: There is

Has anyone else seen this and solved it?  I can provide my code if its needed.  I am using .NET 1.1 and VB.
Thanks Dan

Hi i am also trying to use Outbound messages.  I am using .NET 1.1 with VB.I followed the information from the link provided above but i am stuck the missing webservice example, here is what i have in my webservice:

<WebMethod()> _

Public Function notifications(ByVal n As notifications) As notificationsResponse

Dim n1 As NotificationService

Return n1.notifications(n)

End Function

• I got a soap header error:

Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction

• After research i found that this could be because the soap headers namespaces did not match so i had ago at matching them up but i still get the same.
  • Here is my webservice declaration:

<System.Web.Services.WebService(Name:="NotificationBinding", Description:="WebService for the SalesForce Integration", [Namespace]:="http://soap.sforce.com/2005/09/outbound"> _

Public Class SalesForceIntegration

Inherits System.Web.Services.WebService

• My classes that wsdl.exe created was called NotificationService.vb

<System.Web.Services.WebServiceBindingAttribute(Name:="NotificationBinding", [Namespace]:="http://soap.sforce.com/2005/09/outbound", _

System.Xml.Serialization.XmlIncludeAttribute(GetType(sObject))> _

Public MustInherit Class NotificationService

Inherits System.Web.Services.WebService

<System.Web.Services.WebMethodAttribute(), _

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAttribute("", Use:=System.Web.Services.Description.SoapBindingUse.Literal, ParameterStyle:=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapParameterStyle.Bare)> _

Public Function notifications(<System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute("notifications", [Namespace]:="http://soap.sforce.com/2005/09/outbound"> ByVal notifications1 As notifications) As <System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute("notificationsResponse", [Namespace]:="http://soap.sforce.com/2005/09/outbound"> notificationsResponse

Dim r As notificationsResponse = New notificationsResponse

r.Ack = True

Return r

End Function

Private objects As ArrayList = New System.Collections.ArrayList

Public Function CurrentO jects() As System.Collections.ArrayList

Return CType(objects.Clone(), ArrayList)

End Function

End Class

Any Help would be very greatfully recieved, Thanks Dan

Hi i am having problems with outbound messaging.

I have a web service at my end that i have tested and it works and returns me an ack value of true when i hit it in my test program, When i try and hit it from salesforce by making a change to a contact, i get this error.

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to read request. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: There is

Has anyone else seen this and solved it?  I can provide my code if its needed.  I am using .NET 1.1 and VB.
Thanks Dan
Im trying to understand how to use the new 'Outbound Message' feature. Im not very familiar with how this system works. Is there somewhere i can go to read up on how to develop the recving side the the message, or do you have example code of what the receiving side may look like?
Thanks for your help,
Mike