• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

All,

First, I want to say I read a lot of these posts, and the information is always helpful.  Second, I don't know a lot about creating custom buttons.  However, I found a helpful post with a URL to create a task for logging a call for our call center to use.  Below is the URL I am using for my custom button.  There are two additional items I would like this button to do. 

1.  Populate today's date

2.  Insert the lead name corresponding to the record where the button was clicked. 

https://na4.salesforce.com/00T/e?task_id={!Lead.Id}&retURL=%2F{!Lead.Id}&tsk5=Call&tsk12=Completed&cancelURL=%2F{!Lead.Id}&ent=Task

I am trying not to have to use the Log Call button currently on the lead record because it prompts users to create a follow-up task which is confusing them.  I want to make this as simple as possible.  I'm close, but it would be better if I could add the two items above.  Help!

• February 09, 2009
Hi all,

Our company is just beginning to set up Salesforce and I have a quick question...I have done searches in the forums and help and training and found nothing regarding this...we have .vcf files (Outlook) that we would like to synch with salesforce as LEADS, not contacts. Is there any way to do this? Is there a way to convert contacts into leads in Salesforce?

Thanks
Gena Lyon