• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Maybe there is someone who has had this problem before:

A user contacted me as their Connect for Outlook program mysteriously 'vanished' overnight. I verified that the user still has the component installed via the programs list. Additionally, I checked add/remove programs and connect was there. When we start outlook we see nothing. I've checked her toolbars, views - everything I could possibly think of and there is no trace of it in outlook.

I decided to do a clean install, so we removed the program. Restarted her computer. Ran the installer, and went through a restart. The results were the same - absolutely nothing is there, yet the program is visible in both all programs and the add/remove programs utility.

If there is anyone with a solution to this issue, please let me know! Thank you SFDC Community!

-Larry
  • January 20, 2009
I'm using Outlook 2007 and the add-in buttons disappeared.  I went to TOOLS | TRUST CENTER | ADD-INS | MANAGE COM ADD-INS.

I could see that "Salesforce.com Outlook Edition Enhanced" was unchecked.  It should have been as easy as putting a checkmark by it and clicking OK.  See attached screen shot.

It did not turn out to be that easy.  The plug-in did not begin working after taking the steps above.  Every time I go back to manage the com add-ins, the checkmark is gone even though I had just added it and clicked OK.

This has been really frustrating and did not get any meaningful help the first time I attempted to call basic support.  I have done a complete un-install and re-install.  The basic support person even had me remove some things first from the registry.  I still have the exact same problem.

Can anyone offer insight/suggestions on how to correct this issue?
  • September 22, 2008