• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am trying to show the Company Name and the Username (in this case the LastName) in a left column component in the Customer Portal.  I created an Apex page that successfully returns this information.  I then put it in an iframe in the left hand column component.  When I log into the portal as a user it returns the information, but does not display it inside the left hand column component.  It launches and whole new version of the Customer Portal Home Page and displays that in  the little left hand column component.  If you scroll over you will find the information, but it is not inside the left hand column component (that is inside the main one) but off to the side in the right hand component area.

How can I get this information to display inside the component and be the only thing that is there?

APEX Page Code -

<apex:page >
  <b>WELCOME</b>
  <br>{!$User.CompanyName}! </br>
  <br></br>
  <br><i>Customer Number </i></br>
  <br>{!$User.LastName} </br>
  <br></br>
  <br><a href="/secur/logout.jsp">Logout</a></br>
</apex:page>

<b>WELCOME</b>  

<p><i>Customer Number </i> - {!$User.LastName} </p>  

<p><a href="/secur/logout.jsp">Logout</a></p>

iframe code used in Left Column Component. - 

<iframe src="/apex/CPUserID" target="_blank" width="100" frameborder="0" height="150"> </iframe>

I am trying to create a trigger that will fire when a Customer adds a comment to a Case so I can change the status of the Case from "Waiting for Customer Response" to "In Progress".  Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to show the Company Name and the Username (in this case the LastName) in a left column component in the Customer Portal.  I created an Apex page that successfully returns this information.  I then put it in an iframe in the left hand column component.  When I log into the portal as a user it returns the information, but does not display it inside the left hand column component.  It launches and whole new version of the Customer Portal Home Page and displays that in  the little left hand column component.  If you scroll over you will find the information, but it is not inside the left hand column component (that is inside the main one) but off to the side in the right hand component area.

How can I get this information to display inside the component and be the only thing that is there?

APEX Page Code -

<b>WELCOME</b>
  <br></br>
  <br><i>Customer Number </i></br>
  <br>{!$User.LastName} </br>
  <br></br>
  <br><a href="/secur/logout.jsp">Logout</a></br>

<b>WELCOME</b>  

<p><i>Customer Number </i> - {!$User.LastName} </p>  

<p><a href="/secur/logout.jsp">Logout</a></p>

iframe code used in Left Column Component. - 

<iframe src="/apex/CPUserID" target="_blank" width="100" frameborder="0" height="150"> </iframe>

lead.OwnerID gives the user id and not the user name which I need to save in a custom field.

How do I access user name from owner id in a workflow rule/ field update action.

I'd appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,

King Kong