• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We are new to Apex here and are trying to develop a simple trigger that will update a few fields on account from a custom object we have. Although this seems like a simple trigger, i cannot find any documentation to really help with what im looking to do. Any help is very much appreciated

i have a button that will be used to update particular fields on the Account level from many different objects (ie Opportunites and some custom objects we have developed) Due to my lack of a better solution, and knowledge to create a better one, i have thought of doing a simple URL to update this information on a separate object and then have that object save back to the Account fields every time through a trigger. im probably explaining this horribly so let me show you

/a09/e?id={!Account.Phase_IIIId__c}&00N80000004I201={!Account.State_of_the_Union__c}&00N80000004I206={!Account.Objective__c}&00N80000004I20B={!Account.Critical_Success_Factors__c}&00N80000004I20G={!Account.Customers_Strategy__c}&00N80000004I20L={!Account.Winnable_Position__c}&00N80000004I20Q={!Account.Supporting_Tactics__c}&00N80000004I20V={!Account.Competitors_Strategy__c}

so this is a button on the Account level. The user hits the button and is redirected to the second object (phase III) where the default information from the Account fields prepopulate the corresponding fields on the Phase III object. This works just the way we want it to. the user can then change the values and save, on which a trigger updates the account info.

NOTE: if anyone has a better solution im open to it. 

the issue im facing now is that i have an opportunity, related to an account. i need this button to pull those fields from the account and do the same thing: prepopulate the corresponding fields on the Phase III object so they can modify the values if they want to and save back to the account fields. 

As of now i dont know how to do this. i only know how to prepopulate with fields that exist on the object im currently working with, i dont know how to pull fields from a related object (Account)

So im either looking for help with getting the fields from the related object, or a better solution. the purpose of this whole thing is so the user can update Account fields from many different objects, but also have the current value of that field as the default value. 

Any help is appreciated

i am brand new to Flex Development and the Force.com toolkit. i have built an app that is currently linking with our sfdc database but there is one main question i have for now

is there a way to just be able to input a password without having to append the security token at the end? as of right now only i can log in because my token is coded into the app.

We are new to Apex here and are trying to develop a simple trigger that will update a few fields on account from a custom object we have. Although this seems like a simple trigger, i cannot find any documentation to really help with what im looking to do. Any help is very much appreciated

I think the topic says it all. I can't really figure out how to do this. There's certainly no place to stick a help message in when I edit the field. Anyone know how to do this?
Message Edited by FinnArild on 03-26-2010 03:52 AM

i have a button that will be used to update particular fields on the Account level from many different objects (ie Opportunites and some custom objects we have developed) Due to my lack of a better solution, and knowledge to create a better one, i have thought of doing a simple URL to update this information on a separate object and then have that object save back to the Account fields every time through a trigger. im probably explaining this horribly so let me show you

/a09/e?id={!Account.Phase_IIIId__c}&00N80000004I201={!Account.State_of_the_Union__c}&00N80000004I206={!Account.Objective__c}&00N80000004I20B={!Account.Critical_Success_Factors__c}&00N80000004I20G={!Account.Customers_Strategy__c}&00N80000004I20L={!Account.Winnable_Position__c}&00N80000004I20Q={!Account.Supporting_Tactics__c}&00N80000004I20V={!Account.Competitors_Strategy__c}

so this is a button on the Account level. The user hits the button and is redirected to the second object (phase III) where the default information from the Account fields prepopulate the corresponding fields on the Phase III object. This works just the way we want it to. the user can then change the values and save, on which a trigger updates the account info.

NOTE: if anyone has a better solution im open to it. 

the issue im facing now is that i have an opportunity, related to an account. i need this button to pull those fields from the account and do the same thing: prepopulate the corresponding fields on the Phase III object so they can modify the values if they want to and save back to the account fields. 

As of now i dont know how to do this. i only know how to prepopulate with fields that exist on the object im currently working with, i dont know how to pull fields from a related object (Account)

So im either looking for help with getting the fields from the related object, or a better solution. the purpose of this whole thing is so the user can update Account fields from many different objects, but also have the current value of that field as the default value. 

Any help is appreciated

HI,

I have a scenario where we have build custom object Assignments which is basically an extension to Standard object opportunity (There will be multiple assignements linked to each opportunity)

The issue is we would like to flow some information from opportunity object to Assignment object ex : account name both should have same account name and it should get populated automatically once the new assignment is created and opportunity is selected in assignment.

Both Opportunity and assignment have lookup relationship with Account

Regards

Srdhar

• March 24, 2010