• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello, I'll start with saying I am a total Salesforce noob as our company just moved from Netsuite and so far I have to say that Salesforce is leaps and bounds ahead of them.  Also I am not a programmer by trade but I know enough to be dangerous. Now on to my problem.

After getting acquainted with Salesforce I created a custom object called "Job Orders," I added all the fields I wanted, setup the page layout and got it the way I want it except for one thing.  I need to be able to attach multiple candidates (Contacts) to the job order via a related list. I was able to setup the related list and even setup the button associated with the Contact Object that says "Add Candidate" but I am struggling with the actual code for the button.  Based on some other topics I read it seemed to me that the best way to do this was to use the onclick javascript so I tried that using the GETRECORDIDS function and setting the object type to contact  but beyond that I am lost.  

Also just for clarification I don't need to be able to create a contact from this point, only be able to add an existing contact to the related list.

candidate related list

Thanks for the help in advance!

How do I get mail merge to work with windows 7