• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

We are planning for single sign on between our local sites and salesforce ideas portal site. We have a database for authenticating users for our local site and now we want to extend this functionality on to ideas portal as well. The concern is our database / authentication mechanism as of now doesnt support SAML. So is it possible to achive single sign on with the ideas portal and our local sites without using SAML? I am just curious to know the feasibility - is it possible or not?

Thanks.

Message Edited by EIE50 on 02-16-2010 04:06 PM
  • February 16, 2010

Hello,

I am researching SSO configurations for our company's SF CRM solution.

We are currently authenticating users through assigned digital certificates against our corporate LDAP. We would like to extend this to pass them through to our SF application using SSO. A federated authentication configuration appears to be our best option, but we are undecided as to which SAML tool to use under this scenario.

We are considering two options: Oracle OIF and Sun OpenSSO. Either may work under our architecture, but I wanted to get further feedback from the community as to the best tool to use.

Has anyone in the community used either of these products in their SSO implementations?

If so, how would you rate OIF or OpenSSO in terms of ease of implementation, configuration or support?

I would appreciate any information that you could provide on either tool.

Thanks,

Ron