• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm trying to deploy a simple visualforce page with a custom controller class from my sandbox to production.  When I test my custom controller, I get 98% coverage on the class.  However, when I run "All Tests" the total coverage is 47% because several managed packages I have installed have low unit test coverage. 

These managed packages (non-profit starter pack) are installed in production, and are preventing me from deploying my own code because the code coverage is too low.  I cannot uninstall the packages because I will lose data.

I am using the  Inbound Change Set feature to import my code from my sandbox. It seems that the validate feature for this will only 'run all' unit tests, rather than only test the incoming code.

This is very frustrating.  Am I doing something wrong, or do I need to look for alternative ways to get my code into production?

Thanks,

Eric

• January 16, 2011

I'm trying to create a few public facing pages.  I believe I have sites set up correctly, but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get rid of all the Salesforce stuff on a page and use my own template.  I've read the docs over and over, modified the default SiteTemplate, edited the SiteHeader custom component, and nothing ever changes!

Please see http://frog.force.com/helloworld to see what I'm talking about.  I just want this to say, "Congratulations..." on a blank, white page (no header, no footer, nothing, just the content of the visualforce page).  

What am I missing here?  I've fiddled around with every option I can find, and nothing will change the layout. :(

• January 06, 2011

I'm trying to deploy a simple visualforce page with a custom controller class from my sandbox to production.  When I test my custom controller, I get 98% coverage on the class.  However, when I run "All Tests" the total coverage is 47% because several managed packages I have installed have low unit test coverage. 

These managed packages (non-profit starter pack) are installed in production, and are preventing me from deploying my own code because the code coverage is too low.  I cannot uninstall the packages because I will lose data.

I am using the  Inbound Change Set feature to import my code from my sandbox. It seems that the validate feature for this will only 'run all' unit tests, rather than only test the incoming code.

This is very frustrating.  Am I doing something wrong, or do I need to look for alternative ways to get my code into production?

Thanks,

Eric

• January 16, 2011

Hi Folks,

When I try to install the Force.com IDE, I get the following error. I have the latest version of IDE and Java JRE 6 version.

JVM Terminated. ExitCode = -1

Please provide your thoughts!

Thanks in advance!

• November 12, 2010