• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I need a workaround for the limit of 10 object reference limit in EE. 

We have a custom object Visit Report and we have 12 contact lookups [Receiver_1__c, Receiver_2__c, ... , Receiver_12__c] on it. Those 12 contacts shall receive the same email so I have a custom formula field that retrieves all 12 contact email addresses [Receiver_1__r.Email, ...]

Unfortunately there is a limit of 10 references. 

I contacted Salesforce Support to increase the limit to 15. 

Any other ideas? Maybe junction objects?

Thanks!

HI Community,

I want to update the Case_Before_Update trigger. Actually all I want to do is comment the two method calls in its body out and have it look like this:

trigger Case_Before_Update on Case (before update) {

/**    CaseTriggers.setAccOwnerCustFieldOnCase(Trigger.new); 
    CaseTriggers.assignAccountManager(Trigger.new);  */
}

When I try to deply this trigger I the following error messages: 

API NameTypeLineColumnProblem
CampaignCheckAttachmentController.testCampaignCheckAttcmnt()Class3201Failure Message: "System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY, invalid cross reference id: []", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.CampaignCheckAttachmentController.testCampaignCheckAttcmnt: line 320, column 1"
CampaignTriggers.testCampaignCheckAttcmnt()Class1971Failure Message: "System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.CampaignTriggers.testCampaignCheckAttcmnt: line 197, column 1"
CampaignTriggers.testContactsNullify()Class891Failure Message: "System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.CampaignTriggers.removeGroupMember: line 89, column 1"
CaseTriggers.testAssignAccountManagerAccOwner()Class5541Failure Message: "System.AssertException: Assertion Failed: Expected: 00520000002BggnAAC, Actual: 00520000002BggoAAC", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.CaseTriggers.testAssignAccountManagerAccOwner: line 554, column 1"
MyProfilePageController.testSave()Class821Failure Message: "System.TypeException: System.runAs can only be used with an active user", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.MyProfilePageController.testSave: line 82, column 1"
Deploy Error   Average test coverage across all Apex Classes and Triggers is 70%, at least 75% test coverage is required.

I don't understand what these problems have to do with my Case trigger? This is all about Campaigns etc which have nothing to do with Cases. I just want to comment out some things and not touch all the other classes.... Any advise appreciated!

I try to copy Event.StartDateTime and Event.EndDateTime to custom date/time fields with javascript, but I receive an error "Error: Invalid Date and Time". What am I doing wrong?

Dear all,

I created a custom object that is used for events. I would like to have a separate field for the start date and for the start time; just like on the standard event object.

Now the standard field type "date/time" behaves different; it allows to choose a date but it does not allow to select a time. 

Any ideas appreciated!

Dear all,

I have a Custom Object "Visit Report". User should be able to create new Visit Reports and add attachments. They should also be able to distribute the visit result using SF.

I realized this with a custom button executing javascript, all works fine but I don't know how to pass thru the attachments to that email.

location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=/{!Visit_Report__c.Id}&p3_lkid={!Visit_Report__c.Id}&rtype=003&&p24={!Visit_Report__c.Recipient_Email_Addresses__c}&template_id=00X20000001DLiw&p5=')

Any help? Thanks!

Hi,

Our Sales Reps have to create Visit Reports in Salesforce. There are some requirements that are not met by the Salesforce standard event and I also believe that a custom record type would be of no help. The requirements are:

- Associate Visit to multiple Contacts

- Distribute Visit to multiple receivers

Since they are all using a sync tool for outlook they should still be able to create an event in outlook, sync it to SFDC and then e.g. click a button and convert the event to a Custom Visit Report object that they can further maintain in SFDC.

My question is if it is possible to copy the information like start date, end date, createdby and subject from an event into a custom object?

Thanks for your feedback!

Hi,

I'm just recently started Visualforce page development and so I apologize for asking real noob questions here. I could not  find a solution elsewehre though.:

Our Sales Reps wish to be able to print out event results. They write those results in the "description" field of events.

My first attempt was to simply create a custom button that triggers a standard jjavascript function: window.print(). But that does not work since it causes IE to crash and it also prints all the headers, sidebar etc.and thus looks really bad.

So my second attempt was to create a Visualforce page that grabs all relevant Event details and renders them as PDF. So they can go ahead and print or save that PDF.

That 2nd attempt seems more promising but I currently can not get over two problems:

1) Event.What and Event.Who deliver the Account and Contact associated with the Event - But how can I get to further details like email or address? E.G. Event.Who.Email seems not to work.

2) When I save my page wiht <apex:page standardController="Event" renderAs="PDF"> the resulting PDF looks wild, no formats etc. How can I get this pdf to look like the Salesforce Page?

Any help is much appreciated!

Hi All,

I need a workaround for the limit of 10 object reference limit in EE. 

We have a custom object Visit Report and we have 12 contact lookups [Receiver_1__c, Receiver_2__c, ... , Receiver_12__c] on it. Those 12 contacts shall receive the same email so I have a custom formula field that retrieves all 12 contact email addresses [Receiver_1__r.Email, ...]

Unfortunately there is a limit of 10 references. 

I contacted Salesforce Support to increase the limit to 15. 

Any other ideas? Maybe junction objects?

Thanks!

HI Community,

I want to update the Case_Before_Update trigger. Actually all I want to do is comment the two method calls in its body out and have it look like this:

trigger Case_Before_Update on Case (before update) {

/**    CaseTriggers.setAccOwnerCustFieldOnCase(Trigger.new); 
    CaseTriggers.assignAccountManager(Trigger.new);  */
}

When I try to deply this trigger I the following error messages: 

API NameTypeLineColumnProblem
CampaignCheckAttachmentController.testCampaignCheckAttcmnt()Class3201Failure Message: "System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY, invalid cross reference id: []", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.CampaignCheckAttachmentController.testCampaignCheckAttcmnt: line 320, column 1"
CampaignTriggers.testCampaignCheckAttcmnt()Class1971Failure Message: "System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.CampaignTriggers.testCampaignCheckAttcmnt: line 197, column 1"
CampaignTriggers.testContactsNullify()Class891Failure Message: "System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.CampaignTriggers.removeGroupMember: line 89, column 1"
CaseTriggers.testAssignAccountManagerAccOwner()Class5541Failure Message: "System.AssertException: Assertion Failed: Expected: 00520000002BggnAAC, Actual: 00520000002BggoAAC", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.CaseTriggers.testAssignAccountManagerAccOwner: line 554, column 1"
MyProfilePageController.testSave()Class821Failure Message: "System.TypeException: System.runAs can only be used with an active user", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.MyProfilePageController.testSave: line 82, column 1"
Deploy Error   Average test coverage across all Apex Classes and Triggers is 70%, at least 75% test coverage is required.

I don't understand what these problems have to do with my Case trigger? This is all about Campaigns etc which have nothing to do with Cases. I just want to comment out some things and not touch all the other classes.... Any advise appreciated!

I try to copy Event.StartDateTime and Event.EndDateTime to custom date/time fields with javascript, but I receive an error "Error: Invalid Date and Time". What am I doing wrong?

Dear all,

I created a custom object that is used for events. I would like to have a separate field for the start date and for the start time; just like on the standard event object.

Now the standard field type "date/time" behaves different; it allows to choose a date but it does not allow to select a time. 

Any ideas appreciated!

Dear all,

I have a Custom Object "Visit Report". User should be able to create new Visit Reports and add attachments. They should also be able to distribute the visit result using SF.

I realized this with a custom button executing javascript, all works fine but I don't know how to pass thru the attachments to that email.

location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=/{!Visit_Report__c.Id}&p3_lkid={!Visit_Report__c.Id}&rtype=003&&p24={!Visit_Report__c.Recipient_Email_Addresses__c}&template_id=00X20000001DLiw&p5=')

Any help? Thanks!

Hii Friends,

Can anybody tell me how to import/export spanish or foreign language data into an org.

After mapping spanish record with custom field I am getting 'Instrucci�n Test'  of record value.

I am not able to figure out where is the problem, is it due to .csv file or from sf org. 

how to use workbench with language senarios.

Thanks in advance.

TUSHAR SETH

Hi,

Our Sales Reps have to create Visit Reports in Salesforce. There are some requirements that are not met by the Salesforce standard event and I also believe that a custom record type would be of no help. The requirements are:

- Associate Visit to multiple Contacts

- Distribute Visit to multiple receivers

Since they are all using a sync tool for outlook they should still be able to create an event in outlook, sync it to SFDC and then e.g. click a button and convert the event to a Custom Visit Report object that they can further maintain in SFDC.

My question is if it is possible to copy the information like start date, end date, createdby and subject from an event into a custom object?

Thanks for your feedback!

I have an email template that I built as a visualforce template because I need it to show related list info. ..a functionality not available in text and html templates.  However, end users can't edit these and there is info that needs to change in each one.

So I created a Rich Text area field where users can change the template text on a couple sections.  But when I use the field in my template, the formatted text shows up as a block of text with HTML format tags mixed in. 

Ex.  "EXAMPLE TEXT IN FIELD (please see below)"

Shows up as

"<b><u>EXAMPLE TEXT IN FIELD</ul></b> <font color=red>(please see below)</font>"

Is there anyway to keep the formatted text and have it show up correctly in the Visualforce template?

The formatting in this field is required because it's going to outside clients.  Parts of the field are formatted differently which is why I'm trying to use the Rich Text Area field in the first place.

Please help!!