• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Exporting as Excel from VF page is not working in Sandbox: Instead of actual output it gives weird set of code in the excel that opens, This works fine in Developer edition.

Any workaround for this?

I used the below contenttype:

<apex:page Controller=".." sidebar="false" showHeader="false" contenttype="application/vnd.ms-excel#{!filename}" cache="true" standardstylesheets="false">
<--
PageBlock Table
-->

</apex:page>

Thanks in advance:)

• March 07, 2012

Hi,

I have a force.com public site in wizard style where the user input is stored in the controller instance variable. After completing the different steps in wizard process the user should not be able to go back. For achieving this 'm reseting the instance variable after the steps are completed.

However when the user clicks browser back button, pages are rendered from the browser history and again the view state seems to be constructed. This does not serve the purpose.How do i achieve this?

I have seen the documentation on view state but still 'm confused.I also tried adding cache="false" but dint help.

Appreciate any help on this.

• February 08, 2012

'm creating different visualforce pages where i can enter the details and navigate to multiple vf pages and finally submit the details.This is inturn exposed as public(force.com site) so that any user can access the site as Guest User and can submit the details which is stored into custom objects in salesforce.So i have a few queries over here

How do we handle session time outs ,and

How do we differentiate between different guest users.

Thanks in Advance

Anu 

• December 01, 2011

I have a series of VF pages using the same controller that functions as a wizard on Sites.

User goes NEXT->NEXT->NEXT->SUBMIT.

The SUBMIT button saves information and puts up a display-only confirmation page.

After the user submits, I save information.  I want to preven the user from using the "Back" button and then resubmitting the same information.  I have the submit action method set a flag to true on submit.  Before it runs, it checks that flag to see if it is true and is supposed to set an error and redirect the user if it is.  But that test is not working.

When I'm on a confirmation page after the user does the submit, I hit back in the browser and get the warning "To display this page, Firefox must send information that will repeat any action (such as a search or order confirmation) that was performed earlier." and say okay.  I then press the Submit button again and it still saves the information again.

The only thing I can think of is that when it loads the page before the confirmation, it backs up the memory of the controller to the state it was in before the submit.

Anyone have and idea how to do the check?

I supposed I could create some session id and save it to the database but I'd rather not have to do that.

I have cache="false" on all pages.

'm creating different visualforce pages where i can enter the details and navigate to multiple vf pages and finally submit the details.This is inturn exposed as public(force.com site) so that any user can access the site as Guest User and can submit the details which is stored into custom objects in salesforce.So i have a few queries over here

How do we handle session time outs ,and

How do we differentiate between different guest users.

Thanks in Advance

Anu 

• December 01, 2011

We have an automated process that loads data from CSV files into SF via the web services API.  The data is updated and sharing records are created for the data via an Apex Service that we wrote.  We are processing tens of thousands of rows of data, so we call the Apex Service multiple times with a pointer passed to the method letting it know where the last call left off.  This process runs daily and has been in production for 3 months.  Every so often, we receive a soap error that says "connection was cancelled here".  The process terminates when it reaches an error, so we've rerun the process in the past, and it's always worked on the second run.  Unfortunately, we ran it 3 additional times yesterday after the initial failure, and it fails with the same error before the process finishes. 

Has anyone ever seen this error before - "connection was cancelled here"?  A google search of that phrase with quotes around it returns SF related results from the community and a forum, but no solid answer as to the cause or fix of the error.  We've engaged salesforce support, but have gotten nowhere fast. 

The data that gets loaded is for an HR app, so it is critical that we resolve this issue asap.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Below are log entries for the request and response from our BEA ALSB from which the calls are made (this is only the body of the message):

####<Apr 1, 2010 3:31:58 AM EDT> <Info> <ALSB Logging> <crplivesb02> <ALSB_MS05> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '10' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<anonymous>> <> <> <1270107118299> <000000> < [PipelinePairNode11, PipelinePairNode11_request, Request Transformation, REQUEST] ====== Authentication granted. Sending Update Employee Shares Link request to SFDC. ========: <soapenv:Body xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/schemas/class/mafDataload">
  <createEmployeeShares>
    <pointerId>014802</pointerId>
  </createEmployeeShares>
</soapenv:Body>>

####<Apr 1, 2010 3:34:01 AM EDT> <Info> <ALSB Logging> <crplivesb02> <ALSB_MS05> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '14' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<anonymous>> <> <> <1270107241252> <000000> < [RouteNode10, null, null, ERROR] ========= Received exception while routing to SFDC =============: <soapenv:Body xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
  <soapenv:Fault>
    <faultcode>soapenv:Server</faultcode>
    <faultstring>connection was cancelled here</faultstring>
  </soapenv:Fault>
</soapenv:Body>>

Thanks,

Eric