• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

We've tryed the <chatter:feed> component inside a custom apex page and we are having issues with the "rerender" method, the first time that the object is rendered it shows all the feeds but when we try to call to the method <apex:actionFunction> passing the id of the chatterfeed object to the rerender parameter it doesn't retrieve all the feeds from a group.

Here is the code:

Visualforce page:

<apex:page controller="Elogos_ChatterController" sidebar="false" showheader="false">
      <a href="#" onclick="UpdateChatterFeed('xxxx');">Test Chatter Group</a>
      <apex:form >
            <apex:actionFunction name="UpdateChatterFeed" action="{!DoSomething}" rerender="chatterFeed" >
                  <apex:param name="entityId" assignTo="{!EntityId}" value="" />
            </apex:actionFunction>
      </apex:form>
      <chatter:feed id="chatterFeed" feedItemType="TextPost" showPublisher="true" rendered="true" entityId="{!EntityId}"/>
</apex:page>

Controller:

public with sharing class Elogos_ChatterController {

public String EntityId{get;set;}

public Elogos_ChatterController (){
		this.EntityId = 'xxxx'; // Chatter Group Id
	}

public PageReference DoSomething(){
		return (null);	
	}
}

I hope your help.

Regards.

José Luis Almazán.

I am facing an issue with the Chatter:feed tag when I used it in HTML5 VF page. It doesn't allow me to add the link. Any thoughts? It hangs sometimes when i switch between link, post, file or etc...Anybody is facing the same issue...let me know your thoughts. appreciate your help!

Hi,

We've tryed the <chatter:feed> component inside a custom apex page and we are having issues with the "rerender" method, the first time that the object is rendered it shows all the feeds but when we try to call to the method <apex:actionFunction> passing the id of the chatterfeed object to the rerender parameter it doesn't retrieve all the feeds from a group.

Here is the code:

Visualforce page:

<apex:page controller="Elogos_ChatterController" sidebar="false" showheader="false">
      <a href="#" onclick="UpdateChatterFeed('xxxx');">Test Chatter Group</a>
      <apex:form >
            <apex:actionFunction name="UpdateChatterFeed" action="{!DoSomething}" rerender="chatterFeed" >
                  <apex:param name="entityId" assignTo="{!EntityId}" value="" />
            </apex:actionFunction>
      </apex:form>
      <chatter:feed id="chatterFeed" feedItemType="TextPost" showPublisher="true" rendered="true" entityId="{!EntityId}"/>
</apex:page>

Controller:

public with sharing class Elogos_ChatterController {

public String EntityId{get;set;}

public Elogos_ChatterController (){
		this.EntityId = 'xxxx'; // Chatter Group Id
	}

public PageReference DoSomething(){
		return (null);	
	}
}

I hope your help.