• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
The fact I couldn't find anything in the docs or boards leads me to believe this is something obvious that I'm just missing, but my question is this. There is a fairly standard filter UI that salesforce uses, when adding filters to list views or reports. I also see many appexchange products using a similar interface, allowing users to set filter logic, complete with AND, OR, etc. Is there a standard component for this, or something in a cookbook? I can't imagine everyone builds this UI from the ground up every time it is needed, do they? I see I can supply a filterid in a list object, but this seems to only allow using saved list views, not creating one the fly.... Any link to the piece of the puzzle I am missing would be appreciated :)

I seem to be missing something in my understanding of creating methods for actions. For example I can override existing actions such as

<apex:commandButton value="Go!" action="{!save}" />

wiche runs

public PageReference save() {
       return null;
    }

it does nothing except reloads the page, but it works...   if I make the simple change

<apex:commandButton value="Go!" action="{!bob}" />

and

public PageReference bob() {
       return null;
    }

it stops woring and I get a

ErrorError: Unable to complete the requested data change 

This seems to hold true for more complex examples I try as well,  as soon as I pick a unique name for an action call in my controller extension it stops working......

Figure I'm clueless on something key here...

I seem to be missing something in my understanding of creating methods for actions. For example I can override existing actions such as

<apex:commandButton value="Go!" action="{!save}" />

wiche runs

public PageReference save() {
       return null;
    }

it does nothing except reloads the page, but it works...   if I make the simple change

<apex:commandButton value="Go!" action="{!bob}" />

and

public PageReference bob() {
       return null;
    }

it stops woring and I get a

ErrorError: Unable to complete the requested data change 

This seems to hold true for more complex examples I try as well,  as soon as I pick a unique name for an action call in my controller extension it stops working......

Figure I'm clueless on something key here...

I want to use Eclipse IDE to connect to one Professional Edition instance to copy custom object metadata and paste into another Professional Edition instance. Can this be done?  I have API enabled in both instances.

When I try to connect IDE to the source PE instance, I get an error "INVALID TYPE Cannot Use ApexClass in this organization" 

thanks

david