• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I recently took a managed package which was in Beta and released it.

Now it looks like I need to make changes to some of the code as well as the datatype of one of the fields.

This would be for a new release.

Unfortunately this is not possible with a released package.

Is it possible to copy a released package to an unmanaged package so that I can change the components?

I would hate to think that I have to start a new package and manually create every component from the old one.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• August 14, 2012

Hello,

I am receiving the error:  INVALID_FIELD: No such column 'Qvidian__Opportunity__C' on entity 'Qvidian__QvidianProjects__c'.

This error is occurring when I execute the following api call:

retVal = binding.create(records)

The code works just fine when my binding login to Salesforce is an administrator.  But when the binding login to Salesforce is a standard user that has full access to the QvidianProject object, I receive the error above.

I thought that by giving the standard user full access to the object, the user would also have full access to all columns of that object.

Is there some other type of security I have to apply to each field of the QvidanProject object?

Thanks for your help.

• April 09, 2012

Hello,

I am receiving the error:  INVALID_FIELD: No such column 'Qvidian__Opportunity__C' on entity 'Qvidian__QvidianProjects__c'.

This error is occurring when I execute the following api call:

retVal = binding.create(records)

The code works just fine when my binding login to Salesforce is an administrator.  But when the binding login to Salesforce is a standard user that has full access to the QvidianProject object, I receive the error above.

I thought that by giving the standard user full access to the object, the user would also have full access to all columns of that object.

Is there some other type of security I have to apply to each field of the QvidanProject object?

Thanks for your help.

• April 09, 2012

I'm working on a managed package that I have uploaded as a released package to the AppExchange, but not yet submitted it for approval as I'm waiting on Salesforce Parner access.

I have since discovered a data validation issue related to the lenght of a field in a custom object, but cannot change the length of the field at all.

How can I get around this? I've tried uploading a new managed beta package, but the field length is still uneditable. I can't see any way to deprecate or delete the managed released package I have uploaded either.

• September 02, 2011