• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I haven't done this in two years and I need a refresher please please.

Goal: Trying to merge Lead fields into a custom Note field on the Activity object to create a note EX:  "An appointment was set wit {Lead.Lead Name} of {Lead.Company Name} on {Lead.Appt Date}.  Contact infomation: {Lead.Address}, {Lead.City}, {Lead.State}, {Lead.Zip}. Email: {Lead.email}. Phone: {lead.phone}.

1. I created a custom list button for Events, and placed it on the Lead Page Layout under Activity related list. 

2. I used the following formula in the custom button: 

https://na14.salesforce.com/00U/e?who_id=00Qd000000CMdO4&retURL=%2F00Qd000000CMdO4&00Nd0000003yrjI="An appointment was scheduled with "&{Lead.Lead.Name}&" of "&"{!Lead.Company}"&" on "&"{!Lead.Date_Time__c}"&". The company is located at: "&"{!Lead.Address}"&", "{!Lead.City}"&", "&"{!Lead.Street}"&","&"{!Lead.PostalCode}"&". Phone number: "&"&"{!Lead.Phone}"&". Email address: "&"{!Lead.Email}"&". If you need to reschedule, you can contact your telerep, "&"{!Lead.Telerep__c}"&"."

NOTE: It DOES bring me to a new activity but only merges "An appoinment was scheduled with ". Nothing else....

Please help, pretty pretty please. 

I am trying to figure out a way to to populate the Quote Name automatically with the Opportunity Name. So when a user wants to create a Quote for a opportunity it will populate with the OppName. 

Is this possible?