• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello everyone,

I'm completely new to apex, I didn't do any Java development before, and I have almost zero experience with object-oriented programming. So, during an excercise within salesforce I encountered a problem: I want to use a function of a class that I have written here: 

public class InvitationSender 
{
    public void sendInvitation(Invitations__c invitation) 
    {   
        [lots of code]
    }
}

Now, what I want to do is to use that sendInvitation function when a record within my invitations__c object is inserted. So I use this code: 

trigger SendEmailInvitation on Invitations__c (after insert) {

InvitationSender.sendInvitation[] invitation = new InvitationSender.sendInvitation();

InvitationSender.sendInvitation(invitation);

}

...And the Force.com IDE just says "Save error: invalid type: InvitationSender.sendInvitation.

Can anyone help me out on this? I know this might be a stupid question, but I am really inexperienced, so please be kind ;-). 

• February 04, 2013
Hello,

I am currently trying to change the "Send" button that is displayed in a Live Agent Chat with a customer.
I found information in the documentation (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_compref_liveAgent_clientChatSendButton.htm), but I do not know where I can access the VF code to customize the chat window. Can anyone help me out? 

• April 07, 2014

Hello everyone,

I'm completely new to apex, I didn't do any Java development before, and I have almost zero experience with object-oriented programming. So, during an excercise within salesforce I encountered a problem: I want to use a function of a class that I have written here: 

public class InvitationSender 
{
    public void sendInvitation(Invitations__c invitation) 
    {   
        [lots of code]
    }
}

Now, what I want to do is to use that sendInvitation function when a record within my invitations__c object is inserted. So I use this code: 

trigger SendEmailInvitation on Invitations__c (after insert) {

InvitationSender.sendInvitation[] invitation = new InvitationSender.sendInvitation();

InvitationSender.sendInvitation(invitation);

}

...And the Force.com IDE just says "Save error: invalid type: InvitationSender.sendInvitation.

Can anyone help me out on this? I know this might be a stupid question, but I am really inexperienced, so please be kind ;-). 

• February 04, 2013