• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I guess just a rant but is salesforce really running all regression tests when merely deploying a report?

According to below doc it should not but based on my observations it is..

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_meta/index_Left.htm?CSHID=meta_deploy_running_tests.htm#StartTopic=Content/meta_deploy_running_tests.htm

I feel like my life is wasting away trying to deploy anything in this world. With the 20 minutes it takes to deploy 1 report I could probably just recreate the report in prod in 5 less minutes, of course subject to human error.  Do things really need to take this long?

• July 25, 2013

Anyone know the reason this was just introduced in V28?  

I have recently been told by support the refreshPrimaryTabById is not designed to work when attempting to refresh visual force pages (it previously did work for me and now the fact that it is not is causing major headaches). Most likely due to the cross domain bs.. Between xx.salesforce.com and xx.visual.force.com.  I have tried whitelisting all possible urls in the SCC App config.

I'm wondering if openConsuleUrl is some attempt by SFDC to assist in this (judging by the whitelist verbage on the new generateConsoleUrl function)

I haven't yet got this to fully work as there still appears some flakyness with "stale tabs references' existing even though they are no longer visual.

• June 28, 2013

Is this working for anyone. I noticed a few days ago it stopped working on my cs10 Sandbox. (Not sure if it's working in prod as code isnt there yet). I am getting the id to pass to it via 

getEnclosingPrimaryTabId()  but some error is getting swallowed somewhere in the multititude of SFDC js code.

From the chrome console below. Note. I see I've seen that blocked message multiple times before.. even with SFDC Sample code. .for what it's worth as some of the sample code still points back to v20 and / or is simply syntatically wrong.

I have tried adding all possible server names to the console app whitelist as wel.. to no avail.

This was working without code changes a few days ago.

1. Blocked a frame with origin "https://cs10.salesforce.com" from accessing a frame with origin "https://c.cs10.visual.force.com". Protocols, domains, and ports must match. ServiceDesk.js:74
    isWindowAccessibleServiceDesk.js:74
    Sfdc.support.servicedesk.View.Ext.extend.refreshServiceDesk.js:412
    (anonymous function)ServiceDesk.js:338
    Ext.extend.eachext.js:156
    Sfdc.support.servicedesk.Workspace.Ext.extend.handleRefreshEntitiesServiceDesk.js:338
    FServiceDesk.js:112
    refreshPrimaryTabByIdServiceDesk.js:147
    acceptxdomain.js:3
    axdomain.js:12

• June 21, 2013

I'm trying to get a handle on the maturity of this and who's using it. I don't see many detailed low level support on this. The "javascript" integration api seems a little weak IMHO. Anyone out there have an high volume / very customized app within the service cloud console?

• June 14, 2013

We need some additional help for a client that I am currently working with. It's a NPO Legal Assistance Firm in Downtown Chicago. Approx 20+ hours a week. We need to extract data from a MySQL database, cleanse it, and load it into a new SFDC Org. This would be a great resume builder. Please feel free to contact me as I am pre-screening for this position.  Some onsite work is necessary.

rnendza@gmail.com

• June 06, 2013

I'm seen various questions on this but some of them are dated back in 2011.

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Chatter-and-Chatter-API/How-to-get-an-uploaded-file-s-link-via-feedpost/m-p/186475/highlight/true#M251

ie. What is the proper way to let a user click on a link to download a file in the browser of something I uploaded as a chatter file?

Surely there must be some API call and I'm not building the url manually and hardcoding a reference to sfc/servlet.shepherd/version/download/

That seems like way to much hardcoding to refer to a SFDC servlet.  I have to think there is some api call somewhere??

• March 06, 2013

trust.salesforce.com is telling me nothing is down. Am I the only one noticing that most of the links at

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/...... ie.. html links on the following page http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Documentation 

have been down today???

It's getting a bit annoying.. Has this information moved somewhere?

Thanks!

• March 06, 2013

This should be easy.

This is all I did to Upload (assume there is a corresponding VF page with an inputFile and some other props on feedItem being set.. The rest of the code isn't pertinent. (ohh cDoc is a custom object)

public transient FeedItem			feedItem;

feedItem.Type = 'ContentPost';
feedItem.ParentId = ctrlDoc.cDoc.id;
insert feedItem;

So now I just want to delete it. I assume I just delete the same record from FeedItem right?  Well, at there must be some NATIVE1 SFDC triggers being fired because I see a linked record in .. at the very least ContentDocument.. And who knows what else.. Not knowing the chatter data model all that well. What is the proper way to delete what I just inserted (I only inserted into FeedItem)

The below leaves 'orphaned' records as I can still see my doc as owned by my own user ID.

Id feedItemId = selectedId;

FeedItem fiToDel = [select id,contentFileName from feeditem where id = :feedItemId];

delete fiToDel;

Thanks!

• March 03, 2013

Is this working for anyone. I noticed a few days ago it stopped working on my cs10 Sandbox. (Not sure if it's working in prod as code isnt there yet). I am getting the id to pass to it via 

getEnclosingPrimaryTabId()  but some error is getting swallowed somewhere in the multititude of SFDC js code.

From the chrome console below. Note. I see I've seen that blocked message multiple times before.. even with SFDC Sample code. .for what it's worth as some of the sample code still points back to v20 and / or is simply syntatically wrong.

I have tried adding all possible server names to the console app whitelist as wel.. to no avail.

This was working without code changes a few days ago.

1. Blocked a frame with origin "https://cs10.salesforce.com" from accessing a frame with origin "https://c.cs10.visual.force.com". Protocols, domains, and ports must match. ServiceDesk.js:74
    isWindowAccessibleServiceDesk.js:74
    Sfdc.support.servicedesk.View.Ext.extend.refreshServiceDesk.js:412
    (anonymous function)ServiceDesk.js:338
    Ext.extend.eachext.js:156
    Sfdc.support.servicedesk.Workspace.Ext.extend.handleRefreshEntitiesServiceDesk.js:338
    FServiceDesk.js:112
    refreshPrimaryTabByIdServiceDesk.js:147
    acceptxdomain.js:3
    axdomain.js:12

• June 21, 2013
My client wishes to use chatter messenger in a service cloud console. My client does NOT want to use Chatter Desktop.  
1. Can Chatter messenger be displayed in the Service Cloud console without any coding similar to the non service cloud console?
2. If not, can it be surfaced via a custom console component and how?
3. If none of the above, what besides chatter desktop to SC customers use for a messenger when using the SC Console?

Thanks!

Anyone know the reason this was just introduced in V28?  

I have recently been told by support the refreshPrimaryTabById is not designed to work when attempting to refresh visual force pages (it previously did work for me and now the fact that it is not is causing major headaches). Most likely due to the cross domain bs.. Between xx.salesforce.com and xx.visual.force.com.  I have tried whitelisting all possible urls in the SCC App config.

I'm wondering if openConsuleUrl is some attempt by SFDC to assist in this (judging by the whitelist verbage on the new generateConsoleUrl function)

I haven't yet got this to fully work as there still appears some flakyness with "stale tabs references' existing even though they are no longer visual.

• June 28, 2013

trust.salesforce.com is telling me nothing is down. Am I the only one noticing that most of the links at

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/...... ie.. html links on the following page http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Documentation 

have been down today???

It's getting a bit annoying.. Has this information moved somewhere?

Thanks!

• March 06, 2013

This should be easy.

This is all I did to Upload (assume there is a corresponding VF page with an inputFile and some other props on feedItem being set.. The rest of the code isn't pertinent. (ohh cDoc is a custom object)

public transient FeedItem			feedItem;

feedItem.Type = 'ContentPost';
feedItem.ParentId = ctrlDoc.cDoc.id;
insert feedItem;

So now I just want to delete it. I assume I just delete the same record from FeedItem right?  Well, at there must be some NATIVE1 SFDC triggers being fired because I see a linked record in .. at the very least ContentDocument.. And who knows what else.. Not knowing the chatter data model all that well. What is the proper way to delete what I just inserted (I only inserted into FeedItem)

The below leaves 'orphaned' records as I can still see my doc as owned by my own user ID.

Id feedItemId = selectedId;

FeedItem fiToDel = [select id,contentFileName from feeditem where id = :feedItemId];

delete fiToDel;

Thanks!

• March 03, 2013

Hi all,

On my sandbox I'm not receiving any apex email alerts.  I receive them from production.  I am the creator and last modified user for the classes and pages in question, have the sys admin profile, my email address is correct, I have "Send Apex Warning Emails" ticked (not that that's anything to do with it).  Is there something I have to enable in order to receive them?

At my last place I didn't have this problem and also, on the VF page which hit the error I used to receive a snippet of the message which told me where the exception occurred - I don't receive these either, just the plain user errors like "An unexpected error has occurred. Your development organization has been notified".

I can use the debug logs but the emails and detailed error messages are so useful and I miss them!  I'd be very happy if someone could tell me how to get them working.

Thanks!