• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I've been using URL hacking to create custom buttons that pre-populate standard create pages for various different custom and standard objects with no issues. 

Now I'm trying to create a button (on the case page) that will take various fields and use them to prepopulate the create page for a Person Account. From what I can see it only seems to work for fields that are native to the Account object. Any of the fields that come from the Contact object don't seem to be populated from the parameters in the URL. I have set the record type in the URL and it picks it up no problem and creates a new Person Account.

I can kind of understand what's giong on as I know person accounts are a special case, but I was hoping I would be able to get a work-around. Any thoughts or suggestions....?

Thanks

• April 18, 2013

I have created a Dynamic Choice in my VWF that queries Users that match a RoleId (looked up previously).  This works and I can see the users in the dropdown list.  The problem is that whenever I try to adjust the settings of the dynamic choice to sort the Users (doesn't matter which field I try to sort by) I receive an error:

Error: Correct the invalid field entries.

No fields are highlighted in red (which is normal behavior when you get this error).  The only thing that allows me to save at this point is to deselect the checkbox  for "Sort results by:".

Is this a bug or if not why can't I sort these records?