• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I am losing the CSS styling when I rerender any buttons or use the render= attribute inside components. Does anyone know why this is? I am reading at places that it is due to a loss of html5 tags on the component, but I am unsure how to fix it.

Thanks.

• July 09, 2013

I am trying to construct a VF page that lists some options(multi-select max 20) for the user to choose from and has a download button to download a report(result of a Dynamic SOQL).

The key thing I want to achieve here is that the main page with the list of options should not go away once the download button is clicked.

Created 2 VF pages. 1. Lander Page 2.Excel Generator Page. Both are controlled by same apex class so that the choices can be preserved easily.

Excel Generator Page had contentType as "application/vnd.ms-excell". My initial thought of including (apex:include) this page in the Lander Page and rendering it only on click of download button failed. The Lander Page while loading got rendered as excel eventhough its contentType is not mentioned in its page tag.

To overcome this, I thought of controlling the contentType of Excel Generator Page dynamically from the apex class with a string variable "contType". On load, it shall be "text/html" and page reference method that gets called on click of download button shall change it to "application/vnd.ms-excell" and reRender the <apex:include> tag. This also does not work. Despite the contType variable gets updated (verified in logs), the included page renders as html only (the table gets displayed) and not downloading as excel.

Enclosing the <apex:include> tag in a seperate <apex:form> did not work either.  Guess I was wrong in hoping different view states might solve the problem.

Anyone tried something like this? Suggestions & Inputs are most welcome. 

My backup option is to open a pop-up  and submit(POST) a form with hidden parameters using jQuery.. I am just curios to get it done with VF tags only. I would really appreciate of any other better approaches, The Lander page just should not go away.

~Sachi

I understand that enabling "Document Content Searchable" in Search settings enables to search through the content of a document and there isa  Flag : Document Content Searchable(IsBodySearchable) on every document record.

In the reference guide, it is mentioned when the document is completely processed by salesforce, it becomes available for search through its content.

I would like to know how long does it take to process the content of a document. I uploaded a .docx file with the content of only one word "chipmunks". Its been 2hrs now and still the particular document record's  Document Content Searchable(IsBodySearchable) flag is not set to TRUE.

Please let me know if there are any additional constraints to make a document searchable through its content.

Constraints such as File Type, MIME etc.

I also observed in my org that all the document records that has " Document Content Searchable" set to TRUE are made available for public use (IsPublic = TRUE). Please confirm if this is also an constraint.

Hi,

I am losing the CSS styling when I rerender any buttons or use the render= attribute inside components. Does anyone know why this is? I am reading at places that it is due to a loss of html5 tags on the component, but I am unsure how to fix it.

Thanks.

• July 09, 2013

I want to run a visualforce page on certain key press . Is there any way to do Keyboard intratction with visualforce. 

or

Can we intract with tab using keyboard ? Open a tab using key like ALT + A.

I am a new bee to this

I used android salesforce sdk with smartstore i was sucessfully able to get the Appliction working for 

Production or Devloper account where the url is login.salesforce.com

Can any one tell me to get this working for SANDBOX what should i do where should i make the change

Thanks 

Your help can save tons of time.

Please help if any one has come across the same issue