• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
When I use canvas apps or open cti interface or web tabs, the pages loaded from my own custom web application are always reloaded. This is annoying since the client state is always lost then, and moving this state to the server would be very hard to achieve. Is there a way to load an external webpage into a portion of the salesforce application that is loaded into an IFrame but in such a way that it is only loaded after login, and not each time a tab is changed? How do other applications do this, e.g. when you are working in your custom app and you have to go look something up in a salesforce page, you loose all the info entered before, or you must save incomplete first and retrieve it back later, which seems not really user friendly. Any pointers to an API to achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

I am implementing a SoftPhone using OpenCTI.

In OpenCTI the SoftPhone is displayed in the SalesForce sidebar using an iFrame.

However, when I change focus in SalseForce for instance I am on the Contacts page and I click on the Accounts page the iFrame including the SoftPhone gets reloaded and I lose the state of my softphone.

Is there a way using OpenCTI API or another way to not lose the state of my SoftPhone on a SalesForce page reload?