• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

For Recent Records, it appears to use the records "Name" to show Recent Records. This works for some records but in some cases, the Name is not the best field to use. Is there a way to change which field is shown here?  

For Knowledge Articles, I would rather show the Title or Article Name but cannot find a way to change it. 

User-added image

Can someone explain what this + icon does? On any page I have checked, it does nothing at all.  Can it be removed? 
User-added image

We are using the Email Service provided by BMC Remedyforce (BMCRF_EmailProcessor). It receives Inbound mail and creates (or updates) a record.  There are times where the email is lengthy (500k characters) and the email is not processed by Salesforce.  https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000214420&type=1  If this article is correct, the character limit is 32k, but can be upped to 131k. 

Is that current character limit for inbound email?  The problem we face is that sometimes we recieve an email over that limit and is lost. Is there a way that Salesforce could process the email and just drop the extra characters? (Or the same for emails that have attachments that are too large).

I have a visualforce email template that I had sending out emails in the proper Eastern Time, but after the last time change, the times are 1 hour off. Can someone assist me in writing this code to be permanent? I do not want to go through and change the template everytime the time changes.  My goal is to display Eastern time. (Also, if you could tell me how to modify it for Pacific as well.) 

&nbsp;&nbsp; <font size="3" color="blue">  <b> Scheduled Start (Eastern):<apex:outputText value="{0,date,EEEE MM'/'dd'/'yyyy h:mm a}"><apex:param value="{!relatedto.BMCServiceDesk__Scheduled_Start_Date__c- (4/24)}" /></apex:outputText> </b></font> <br/>

&nbsp;&nbsp; <font size="3" color="blue">  <b> Scheduled End (Eastern):<apex:outputText value="{0,date,EEEE MM'/'dd'/'yyyy h:mm a}"><apex:param value="{!relatedto.BMCServiceDesk__Scheduled_End_Date__c- (4/24)}" /></apex:outputText> </b></font> <br/>

For Recent Records, it appears to use the records "Name" to show Recent Records. This works for some records but in some cases, the Name is not the best field to use. Is there a way to change which field is shown here?  

For Knowledge Articles, I would rather show the Title or Article Name but cannot find a way to change it. 

User-added image

Can someone explain what this + icon does? On any page I have checked, it does nothing at all.  Can it be removed? 
User-added image
I have a visualforce email template that I had sending out emails in the proper Eastern Time, but after the last time change, the times are 1 hour off. Can someone assist me in writing this code to be permanent? I do not want to go through and change the template everytime the time changes.  My goal is to display Eastern time. (Also, if you could tell me how to modify it for Pacific as well.) 

&nbsp;&nbsp; <font size="3" color="blue">  <b> Scheduled Start (Eastern):<apex:outputText value="{0,date,EEEE MM'/'dd'/'yyyy h:mm a}"><apex:param value="{!relatedto.BMCServiceDesk__Scheduled_Start_Date__c- (4/24)}" /></apex:outputText> </b></font> <br/>

&nbsp;&nbsp; <font size="3" color="blue">  <b> Scheduled End (Eastern):<apex:outputText value="{0,date,EEEE MM'/'dd'/'yyyy h:mm a}"><apex:param value="{!relatedto.BMCServiceDesk__Scheduled_End_Date__c- (4/24)}" /></apex:outputText> </b></font> <br/>

I am new to Salesforce. One of the requirement by my client is to make all the items available on classic mode to be available on lightning mode as well.

Now, we have a sidebar that has links to the system.  This sidebar is not visible in the  lightning mode.  Will it be available for the Spring 16 release and if yes, any clues on how I can get it ?