• 0 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Am I correct that in order to have any validation in communities for the communities I need to recreate the whole page?  I can't add validation rules in via another method. 

Suggestions. 
  • September 15, 2017
When I use the salesforce UI while looking at a case, and I am in the case feed view I can click on "Log  a call" and put in some notes.  The notes I put in here show up in the case feed below.  If the notes I typed in are long only a few lines of the notes show and I can click a "more..."  link to show the rest of the notes without having to go to a new page.

I am creating integration with an internal ticketing system and am pushing tickets and notes to salesforce cases.  I am creating a Task with a Type of "Call".  All values seem to be the same as a Call Log created via the Salesforce API, however the case feed shows these differently.  The case feed shows the manually created ticket as a "Call log" in the case feed, but my API created call logs show as "Task" with a link to see the task detail so I can see notes - I cannot see the notes on the feed page like a salesforce UI created call log.

I see a FeedItem for the manually created salesforce UI Call Log, with a ParentId of the Task.  I do not have a FeedItem for the Task I created via the API, and I get a "Task is not enabled for feeds" error if I try to duplicate the FeedItem made for the Salesforce UI task.

Is it possible to get a manually created Task to show up in the case feed the same as a Call Log (created via the web UI) does?