• 5 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I need to prevent a new case from skipping the Investigate status and going directly to resolved.  I want an error message to display with my validation rule, but the rule is not working at all.

AND( 
$Profile.Name <> "System Administrator", 
RecordType.Name = "Complaint ", 
ISCHANGED( Status ), 
OR( 
ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE( Status ), "New") 
), 
NOT( ISPICKVAL( Status, "Resolved")) 
)
The case is a specific RT and there are 3 libraries to choose from for this type of file. The library can be identified by a field on the Case, Business. Currently, it takes about 5 clicks after uploading the file to the case, to share it to the appropriate library. The request is that I come up with a way such as a custom button or trigger, so that the user does not have to step through sharing to the library. I am having difficulty determining how to approach this issue.
These are the steps take following the upload to the Case, to then share the library manually:
User-added image
I have created my first flow and process builder which takes the CSR and Sales Rep from the Account Team and adds them to the Case Team anytime a case is created.  The problem I am encountering is that in our Case Assignment Rules we also have predefined case teams.  At times, an Account Team member may already be a part of the predefined case team which is throwing a duplicate record error.  I think I need to use decision logic to check that the user on the account team is not already being added to the case team.  I cannot figure out where in the flow to do this (or is it in process builder), not how to form the logic since both the two case team members from the account team and a predefined case team are getting added to the newly created case.  

Thanks for any help provided!
Patti

User-added image
I need to prevent a new case from skipping the Investigate status and going directly to resolved.  I want an error message to display with my validation rule, but the rule is not working at all.

AND( 
ISCHANGED( Status ), 
OR( 
), 
)

AND( 
ISCHANGED( Status ), 
OR( 
), 
)
Hello, My customer wants to track projected revenue and actual revenue for a given period of time and the amount by month.
They need the ability to enter the date range for projected and the amount for that period. The same for actuals.
For example- If the date range for projected is 12 months and the amount (could be opportunity amount) projected is $12,000. They want to split this amount for each month equally (to start with) and have the ability to update it. The same with actuals (after the contract is signed and amount can be the Contract amount).

The idea is to compare projected vs actuals by month. See attached picture for an idea on how the report should like...User-added imageUser-added image

Options looked at---
1) Custom object with the date range fields and amount seperately for projected vs actual.---> downside of this is customer doesnt want to fill the data for every month. We dont want to give the user an option to enter the date range and amount and system automatically create the records. This may soon get into several customizations and my team cannot support this at the moment.

2) Opportunity and Product Revenue Schedules- Out of the box feature----> we dont use products at the moment for this customer. Even if we convince the customer with the Opportunity and Product best practices; The schedules option on the product only have an option to track either projected or actuals. Was thinking of tracking projected on Opportunity and actuals on Contract but there is no feature avalaible on Contracts to track actual amount for each month. PS-We are using a custom object for Contracts.

3) I have started looking into Einstein analytics. Hopefully I can find something here...

Does anyone have thoughst or ideas on how to accomplish this? Any app exchange tools that can do this are suggestable.