• 10 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hey all - I've researched enough to understand that what I need to do can only be done in Visualforce: displaying a text field based on picklist options.

Basically, I have 5 fields "RP 1, RP 2, RP 3, RP 4, RP 5" in a custom object "Staff Development" and they all are picklists that have the same options for answers (the 34 clifton strengths - basically I am trying to give everyone a place to identify their top 5 strenghts on a page).

Based on the answers in ALL 5 of these fields collectively, I want to display further information. So if the answers in the picklists include (order doesn't matter) Adaptability, individluzation, woo, empathy, and developer - then there needs to be 5 text fields (with default values) named Adaptability, Individualization, Woo, Empathy, and Developer that pop up that shows the description for each of those answers.

Again, doesn't matter which of the 5 "RP" fields is chosen that includes one of those strengths, if the picklist choice is chosen in any of the 5 picklist fields, that text field appears (normally hidden) and displays the information. 

Any help appreciated!
I'm trying to set up a system where a custom field "Do not Contact Details" matches on the Contact and corresponding Household page (NPSP for account). I know I can use a formula field so that when one is updated, it copies that informaiton to the other, but that is only 1 directional. I want to be able to update the field on BOTH objects and have it automatically update on the other. Is there a way to write a trigger for this? Thanks!
I've tried several times to build a Process to update fields on the Account page of a Contact based on when contact page fields change. Two separate updates, neither working.

We have Accounts being auto-created every time a Contact is created (as Households, but the object is still Account, long story) - I want the Account email field to be filled in with the Primary Contact's email when created. No matter what I try this doesn't seem to be firing

I have a custom field, Support Team, that is on Contacts and we basically copied on to Accounts - I want for that field, every time it's updated on the contact page, to update on the Account page.

Tried criteria (and a combination of these):
- when conditions met, email field changed=true, update Account field
- "no critieria, just execute"  email field null=false

What am I missing?! Thanks!
I've tried several times to build a Process to update fields on the Account page of a Contact based on when contact page fields change. Two separate updates, neither working.
  1. We have Accounts being auto-created every time a Contact is created (as Households, but the object is still Account, long story) - I want the Account email field to be filled in with the Primary Contact's email when created. No matter what I try this doesn't seem to be firing
  2. I have a custom field, Support Team, that is on Contacts and we basically copied on to Accounts - I want for that field, every time it's updated on the contact page, to update on the Account page.
Tried criteria (and a combination of these):
  • when conditions met, email field changed=true, update Account field
  • "no critieria, just execute"  email field null=false
What am I missing?! Thanks!
I want to be able to create a View for Contacts that contains a column for the last completely activity history subject title as well as a column for Any open tasks subject title. 

I found a code for filtering a view by subject, but I don't care about filtering the views by tasks, I just want to be able to see open/closed tasks in a view at a glance. I want to be able to look at a group of people and see what the last action taken for them was and whether or not there is an open task for them and what it is.

Example: 
Name - Created date - Activity History - Open Tasks
Doe, John - 3/2/16 - Subject: Call - Subject: Call again