• 0 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm developing a React Native app and downloading library files into the app's file system. I have an apex class that converts the file to base64, and returns that as the result. I then call that in my app via REST API, and save the resulting file.
This was working fine when running the app against the org I developed on (Enterprise Edition), but when running it against a sandbox we deployed to (Performance Edition), I get an error that I've exceeded the heap size limit if the file is larger than a few MB. This is with the exact same files that worked fine on my enterprise org. Why would this be the case? The docs say that there's a 6MB heap size limit, but that doesn't seem to apply to my enterprise org and it's not clear why.
I'm trying to get around this whole thing by just downloading the file directly using /sfc/servlet.shepherd/version/download/<ContentVersionID> but that only seems to work in a browser and not via a REST API call in my app. When testing it in my app and in rest explorer, it just returns some code within a script tag as the result (with a HTTP response code of 200 OK).
So basically I'm stuck. Either route working would be a viable solution (although the latter method is preferred for larger files)
I'm trying to query VersionData to get a base64 representation of a file. It works in workbench (I get a really long field), but when I query it in my React Native sample app created with forceios (using SDK 4.3) I just get the following as the result:

/services/data/v36.0/sobjects/ContentVersion/{id of file}/VersionData

When I paste that URL into REST Explorer and do a get, I just get:

Raw Response

If I log into salesforce.com and paste that url after the .com, I get the following:

<Errors>
  <Error>
    <errorCode>INVALID_SESSION_ID</errorCode>
    <message>Session expired or invalid</message>
  </Error>
</Errors>

Any idea why this could be and how to get the data I want?  Thanks.
I'm trying to query VersionData to get a base64 representation of a file. It works in workbench (I get a really long field), but when I query it in my React Native sample app created with forceios (using SDK 4.3) I just get the following as the result:

/services/data/v36.0/sobjects/ContentVersion/{id of file}/VersionData

When I paste that URL into REST Explorer and do a get, I just get:

Raw Response

If I log into salesforce.com and paste that url after the .com, I get the following:

<Errors>
  <Error>
    <errorCode>INVALID_SESSION_ID</errorCode>
    <message>Session expired or invalid</message>
  </Error>
</Errors>

Any idea why this could be and how to get the data I want?  Thanks.
I set up the mobile sdk and successfully created a new hybrid_local project which is working fine. My problem is in the access permission allow/ deny page it's showing "Salesforce Mobile SDK Sample App is requesting permission for ..." something like this. Where I can change this app name? So that it'll view like "MyApp is requesting permssion for..." ?

Thanks

It seems SF login sessions times out  when suing https://workbench.developerforce.com/ in about 10-15 minutes.  I have the org session timeout set to four hours.

Anyone know why the session dies so quickly in workbench?

It's rather annoying because I could be working on a query and have to do some other stuff in another window in a bit and then go back to it.  Then my login is timed-out in the workbench sessions and I get kicked back to the login screen and lose everything I had been working.

I have developed an adapter for a third-party indexing engine that uses the sforce soap service as one of its data sources.  When I test the adapter outside of the indexing engine environement, as a standalone java app, I get all of my data.  However, when the indexing engine executes the adapter, I receive only the first set of data (1000 records).  When the source requests the second recordset, I receive an "INVALID_QUERY_LOCATOR" fault.  Anybody have any idea why?  Originally, the binding timeout was set to 0.  I have modified it to 300000, with no success.  Also, the adapter continues to function after that, querying the salesforce soap service for several other data types successfully.  I query for Accounts, which is where it fails, then Campaigns, Contacts, Events and Opportunities.  I modified the order of querying, and it failed when accessing the Contacts.  There are 43500 Account records.  There are 116,000+ Contact records.  Any help would be appreciated.

We are developing a mobile app using salesforce mobile sdk for android(and ios too) and phonegap. This requires downloading Salesforce Content(Content can be a file of any type/extension) directly and saving it into mobile device.

We tried below url which exposes the content of the Salesforce Content document.

https://salesforce.com/services/data/v23.0/sobjects/ContentVersion/06890000000wo1zAAA/VersionData.

Since the above url doesnt allow direct download of file, we are parsing the content and writing it into a file to save in mobile device.

//This function is invoked when download link is clicked and dwnldDocParams contains saleforce content record id and filename

function downloadFileToDevice(dwnldDocParams){                                

var dwnldDocId = dwnldDocParams.substring(0,18);

var fileNameWithExt = dwnldDocParams.substring(18);

forcetkClient.getContentData(dwnldDocId, onSuccessContentData, onErrorSfContentData);

}

forcetk.Client.prototype.getContentData = function(recordId, callback, error) {

var query = '/' + this.apiVersion + '/sobjects/ContentVersion/'+recordId+'/VersionData'

this.ajaxForContent(query, callback, error);

}

forcetk.Client.prototype.ajaxForContent = function(path, callback, error, method, payload, retry) {

var that = this;

var url = this.instanceUrl + '/services/data' + path;

//This is the sample url

//https://salesforce.com/services/data/v23.0/sobjects/ContentVersion/06890000000wo1zAAA/VersionData

$j.ajax({

type: method || "GET",

async: this.asyncAjax,

url: (this.proxyUrl !== null) ? this.proxyUrl: url,

contentType: 'application/octetstream', //since the response sent by salesforce has Content-type : application/octetstream for content of any type(text,image,docx..)

cache: false,

processData&colon; false,

data&colon; payload,

success: callback,

error: (!this.refreshToken || retry ) ? error : function(jqXHR, textStatus, errorThrown) {

if (jqXHR.status === 401) {

that.refreshAccessToken(function(oauthResponse) {

that.setSessionToken(oauthResponse.access_token, null,

oauthResponse.instance_url);

that.ajaxForContent(path, callback, error, method, payload, true);

},

error);

} else {

error(jqXHR, textStatus, errorThrown);

}

},

dataType: "text", //valid datatypes are text,json,xml,html,jsonp

beforeSend: function(xhr) {

if (that.proxyUrl !== null) {

xhr.setRequestHeader('SalesforceProxy-Endpoint', url);

}

xhr.setRequestHeader(that.authzHeader, "Bearer " + that.sessionId);

xhr.setRequestHeader('X-User-Agent', 'salesforce-toolkit-rest-javascript/' + that.apiVersion);

if (that.userAgentString !== null) {

xhr.setRequestHeader('User-Agent',that.userAgentString);

}

}

});

}         

//Success callback function         

function onSuccessContentData(response) {

var $j = jQuery.noConflict();

//Phonegap method

window.requestFileSystem(LocalFileSystem.PERSISTENT, 0,

function (fileSystem) {

//fileSystem.root.getFile("readme.txt", {create: true, exclusive: false}, //here file name is hardcoded just for static verification for writing into files of different types

fileSystem.root.getFile("testimage.png", {create: true, exclusive: false},

//fileSystem.root.getFile("sampleDoc.docx", {create: true, exclusive: false},

function (fileEntry) {

fileEntry.createWriter(

function gotFileWriter(writer) {

writer.onwrite = function(evt) {

console.log("write success");

};

writer.write(response);

}, fail);

}, fail);

}, fail);

}

The above code works only for text files. For text files response is text only.For other files, we could observe Though we could get response for files of other types also and write into file in device, they could not be viewed. May be the response sent as octetstream need to processed in some way before writing into file. Dont know if there is any issue writing binary data into file using above phonegap function. Any pointers to successfully write content into file (of any type) is  really helpful.

Sample response obtained for an image(png) file:

07-18 15:11:10.822: D/CordovaLog(1421): >onSuccessContentData&colon;response--"?PNG\r\n\u001a\n\u0000\u0000\u0000\rIHDR\u0000\u0000\u0000 \u0000\u0000\u0000?\b\u0002\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0005?v?\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0019tEXtSoftware\u0000Adobe ImageReadyq?e<\u0000\u0000\u0000?IDATx???1\u0012?0\u0010\u0005Pp????\n?86\u0014R?\u0006?`?\u0001,?\u0005\u0016_.??o\"Yp?????.?\u0012\nt\u0000?z??D;?(?\u001e?/?M>?K\u0013??n???\t6???\t\u0016?\u0013?\u0003?\u0004{'???g??'pL?\"??\u001e?;?RJl?5?c,0MS??1??\u0001\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000r\\??s?a\u0018r??\u000f\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000 Kgw???E\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000[4^??\"S?\u0007\u0000?E?A?$P\"\tN?,??\u0018?>@\u0002C?J$???#??\u0004??\u0004???3?4c????\u0001\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000?\u0004\b\u001f?v?\u0003\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000|?\u0007?B?\u0019?|??\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000IEND?B`?"

It would be really great if there is any way to download the file directly from salesforce instead of reading response and writing manually into a file in device.

I could find another url which DIRECTLY DOWNLOADS THE FILE if we are currently in salesforce session. I tried this url in place of url in above scenario but no progress..

https://<instance>content.force.com/sfc/servlet.shepherd/version/download/<ContentVerion record Id>

Eg: https://c.ap1.content.force.com/sfc/servlet.shepherd/version/download/06890000000CZjT.