• 0 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Today, for the first time, I am unable to update fields from the object manager.
On load, the field settings pages are blank, and remain blank. 

Example - were I to visit Setup > Object Manager > Campaign > and click the 'Type' field, the page, on load, remains blank. 
This is true for all fields. 
Tested in both Safari and Chrome. 

Have I switched a disruptive setting somewhere?
Is there a known outtage or disruption to service due to the release of Spring '17? 
Has the boss forgotten to pay a bill? ;)

What's the deal?
Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it: 
  • So far, I'm the only sys admin of our new org.
  • The System Administrator profile has permission in Profiles > System Permissions to "Download AppExchange Packages". 
  • Yet, I'm getting the warning "Problem Logging In: We can’t log you in because of an authentication error. For help, contact your Salesforce administrator." If you want a pretty picture:
 Pretty pic of warning I'm getting: "We can’t log you in because of an authentication error. For help, contact your Salesforce administrator."

Thanks in advance for any ideas! 
Running Salesforce Lightning in Chrome 54 on macOS 10.12 aka Sierra.
What's the deal?
Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it: 
  • So far, I'm the only sys admin of our new org.
  • The System Administrator profile has permission in Profiles > System Permissions to "Download AppExchange Packages". 
  • Yet, I'm getting the warning "Problem Logging In: We can’t log you in because of an authentication error. For help, contact your Salesforce administrator." If you want a pretty picture:
 Pretty pic of warning I'm getting: "We can’t log you in because of an authentication error. For help, contact your Salesforce administrator."

Thanks in advance for any ideas! 
Running Salesforce Lightning in Chrome 54 on macOS 10.12 aka Sierra.
This failed for me with the error

The Fulfillment Creation process does not appear to be working properly. Check your action that updates the Adventure Package.

On review of the trailhead information (9/9/2016), there was no listed requirement to update the Adventure package. I suspect there was in the past and this had been lost in an update. 

I got around the error by updating: 
[OpportunityLineItem]
Fulfillment Created = True
Fulfillment State = Created

The requirements should be complete if you don't want to generate frustration within the trailhead audience.

I have some assumptions for this trail that I’m hoping will lead to the right answer. However, after going over the instructions a number of times, I can’t verify that these are correct.

Record Types

I’m assuming that I need to create record types for cases and opportunities. I’m planning to name the record types for cases:

“Reported by a customer”
“Reported by an expedition leader”

I’m assuming that the check doesn’t care what these are called or the case of the characters.

For opportunities, I’m planning:

“Individual Opportunity”

I’m assuming that the data I need to upload will be “Individual_Opportunity” to match what will be the actual name of the type, not it’s label. I already have an “Individual Opportunity” sales process that I plan to tie this to.

User Profiles

I’m assuming I need to create new user profiles because the instructions say: “Enable this navigation for the sales, service, and fulfillment profiles (expedition leaders and fulfillment team members), system administrators, the custom support profile, and custom sales profile.” I see the following user profiles that match three of these:

Custom: Sales Profile
Custom: Support Profile
System Administrator

I believe these match the last three listed in the instructions, but I don’t see anything for the first three. It’s possible “Custom: Sales Profile” matches “sales” and “Custom: Support Profile” matches “service”, but that doesn’t seem likely. So, I’m planning to use the three I believe match plus these three new ones:

Sales
Service
Fulfillment

Presumably, expedition leaders and fulfillment team members will be assigned the Fulfillment profile. I’m not sure who will be assigned the other five profiles, although “System Administrator” doesn’t need to map into any of the business roles in Relaxation Gauntlet.

Opportunity Products

I’m using Data Loader to load data. It does not see any Opportunity Products table. Instead, it finds “Adventure Package (OpportunityLineItem)”. I’m assuming that the internal name for the Opportunity Products table is “OpportunityLineItem”. And, it thinks “Adventures” is “Product2”, so I’m guessing that the standard table is really named “Product2” rather than “Product”.

Explorers = Contacts

The entity diagram in the instructions does not directly relate the opportunity object to the explorer object (contacts). The explorer object is related to the Adventure Package (Opportunity Products/OpportunityLineItem) and to the fulfillment object. Challenge #8 says, “Import legacy data for opportunities, explorers, adventures, opportunity contact roles, and adventure packages.”

No opportunity contact roles are assigned in the source data for the import. There’s no instruction what to call the role. So, I’m assuming that I can create Opportunity Contact Role records with the ROLE field set to whatever I want (let’s say, “Explorer”) and fill the other fields with some appropriate data (like setting ISDELETED to False), and the check won’t care what I call it.

The instructions don’t say here to create the fulfillment records, so I’m assuming that the check won’t care that this data is missing. I’m also assuming that even though the source data doesn’t have any tab for the opportunity product (Adventure Package) records, I can make this up from the data on the “Opps w Adventure + Explorer” tab data.

Does anyone know if any of these assumptions are incorrect before I load up the data and go on?

Thanks!

Thanks in advance for your advice!

I'm getting this error: Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Opportunities with the stage of 'Awaiting Approval' and a Discount > 0, did not kick off an approval process named 'Approval for Package Deal'.

Here is what I submitted:

Object: Opporunity 
Start Process when created or edit

Criteria 
Conditions are met
[Opportunity].StageName Is Changed True
[Opportunity].StageName= Awaiting Approval
[Opportunity].Discount > 0
All conditions are met (And)

Immediate Actions
Object Opportunity
Approval Proccess: Specific Approval Process- Approval for Package Deal