• 0 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are trying to implement Twitter new DM API from Salesforce. We are sending our the JSON request in the body as mentioned in documentation but the legacy method for Oauth authorization is not working. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Prateek
I want to have the ability for case feed filters to provide a filter for the related object filters.
Getting the error "A.getCallback(): 'callback' must be a valid Function : false" while running my component. when such error occurs ?
I realized that salesforce doesnot provide any option to customize quaterly performance component. Has anyone tried devloping a smillar custom lightning componet with editing in Quaterly performance chart. 
We are trying to implement Twitter new DM API from Salesforce. We are sending our the JSON request in the body as mentioned in documentation but the legacy method for Oauth authorization is not working. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Prateek
I realized that salesforce doesnot provide any option to customize quaterly performance component. Has anyone tried devloping a smillar custom lightning componet with editing in Quaterly performance chart. 
Hi all,

We've used the open source chart.js to implement our charts in lightning components but we've noticed that if the chart's data set changes, e.g. a picklist that the user can select a different value from which generates a different data set for the chart, the chart flickers between the old & new values when the mouse moves over it.
Looking around the web the solution from Chart.js is to keep a global variable in the javascript which holds the chart object when it is created & then destroy that chart object before re-creating a new one (see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28609932/chartjs-resizing-very-quickly-flickering-on-mouseover). However I don't think that mechanism is possible from within a lightning component, but I may be wrong. Any suggestions?

Here's a working example of the problem. After the chart is displayed if you check the checkbox, new data will appear in the chart.  If you then move the mouse over the chart it will toggle between the old & new chart at certain positions. Obviously in real component I'd be calling an apex controller etc. but I thought a simplified version would be easier to understand.  For it to work you'll need to create a static resource called Chart that contains the Chart.js from http://www.chartjs.org/

(AndeeChart.cmp)
<aura:component implements="flexipage:availableForAllPageTypes" access="global">
<ltng:require scripts="{!$Resource.Chart}" afterScriptsLoaded="{!c.init}"/>

<aura:attribute name="dataset" type="String" default="1"  description="Which set of data to display in the chart.  Will be either 1 or 2"/>

<div class="slds-grid slds-wrap">
    <div class="slds-col slds-size--1-of-1 slds-small-size--1-of-2 slds-medium-size--1-of-4">
        <ui:inputCheckbox label="Toggle Data?" click="{!c.updateDataset}"/>

</div>
    <div class="slds-col slds-size--1-of-1 slds-small-size--1-of-2 slds-medium-size--3-of-4">
        Chart1<br></br>
        <canvas aura:id="andeeChart" id="andeeChart123"/>
    </div>

</div>
(AndeeChartController.js)
({
    init : function(component, event, helper) {
        helper.setupChart(component);
    },
    updateDataset : function(component, event, helper) {
        var dataset = component.get('v.dataset');
        if (dataset == '1'){
            dataset = '2';
        } else {
            dataset = '1';
        }
        component.set('v.dataset', dataset)
        helper.setupChart(component);
    } 
})

(AndeeChartHelper.js)
({
    setupChart  : function(component) {

// Normally call apex controller to get data but hardcoded for demonstration purposes
        var dataset = component.get('v.dataset');
        var data;
        var jsonRetVal
        if (dataset == '1'){
            jsonRetVal = {"chartLabels":["Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun","Jul","Aug","Sep","Oct","Nov","Dec"],"chartData":[1.00,3.00,6.00,10.00,15.00,21.00]}
        } else {
           jsonRetVal = {"chartLabels":["Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun","Jul","Aug","Sep","Oct","Nov","Dec"],"chartData":[21.00,3.00,16.00,19.00,17.00,12.00]} 
        }

var el = component.find('andeeChart').getElement();
        var ctx = el.getContext('2d'); 

// Need something here to destroy any chart that is currently being displayed to stop the 'flicker'

new Chart(ctx, {
            type: 'bar',
            data: {
                labels: jsonRetVal.chartLabels,
                datasets: [
                    {
                        label: "Data",
                        fillColor: "rgba(220,220,220,1)",
                        strokeColor: "rgba(220,220,220,1)",                
                        data: jsonRetVal.chartData
                    }
                ]
            },
            options: {
                hover: {
                    mode: "none"
                },
                scales: {
                    yAxes: [{
                        ticks: {
                            beginAtZero:true
                        }
                    }]
                }
            }
        });

}
})

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer as this is driving me made.