• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

I ran into an issue where the Product field was locked on Quote Line Items. We need to be able to change the product field. I made a workaround with a custom field and process builder. The custom fied was a lookup from QLI to Product. When the custom field was changed, the process builder would update the Product field to match the custom field.

This was working well for about two weeks! Now all of a sudden I am getting the below flow error. What changed? I can go back to QLIs that I previously updated with the process outlined, and they are still there with their updated products. How do I get this working again?

INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE: Unable to create/update fields: Product2Id. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set.
I'm using ActionGrid on the quote object, which edits the Quote Line Items. When changes are saved in the AG, the QLIs are updated, but the quote record doesn't reflect changes until the page is refreshed. Issues arise when the AG is saved and then conflicting changes are made on the Quote. Is it possible to write a trigger that will refresh/redirect the browser when the QLIs are updated? Alternatively, I could try and write the trigger related to the AG save button. Very limited trigger knowledge here.
Hi all,

I ran into an issue where the Product field was locked on Quote Line Items. We need to be able to change the product field. I made a workaround with a custom field and process builder. The custom fied was a lookup from QLI to Product. When the custom field was changed, the process builder would update the Product field to match the custom field.

This was working well for about two weeks! Now all of a sudden I am getting the below flow error. What changed? I can go back to QLIs that I previously updated with the process outlined, and they are still there with their updated products. How do I get this working again?

INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE: Unable to create/update fields: Product2Id. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set.