• Member since 2017
  • SalesForce Developer

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have set Email-to -Case in our org. It was working fine earlier, but today I recieved a error mail 
Email-to-Case: Error(s) encountered while processing The following errors were encountered while processing an incoming email: UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW : unable to obtain exclusive access to this record or 1 records: 0030a******KazIAAS
Here the record mentioned(0030a******KazIAAS) is a Contact record.Around 12 emials were sent by same contact withing a minute. I have looked in to data skew articles from salesforce.Is the error email occured because the contact(Parent  record) was locked for previous email to case record? Will this error can occur as the number of related cases to this contact increases?We have triggers on case object but we are not updating contact record here. Querying the parent contact record whick is loccked, can cause this issue??Can anyone tell me what exactly is occuring here and what can be the resolution?
  • August 24, 2018
I have a non-admin user who has the following set of permissions:
  • Schedule Reports
  • Manage Reports in Public Folders
  • Subscribe to Reports
  • Schedule Reports
The user is able to access a report folder called Service Desk Reports and run a report called Open Service Requests. However on scheduling this report, that user is getting following error in email :
"Salesforce.com could not email the report to any of the specified recipients. Check that recipients are specified and that they have the appropriate permissions to view the report."
Why is the user unable to get the scheduled report? What extra permissions do I need to give?
Please Note: When I manually shared the folder with the same user, he was able to get the scheduled report in email.
Is the permission 'Manage Reports in Public Folders" alone not suffecient to get the scheduled report in email?

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks
  • July 05, 2018
I am trying to set up OKTA with Salesforce. I have configured SSO in slaesforce as mentioned in https://saml-doc.okta.com/SAML_Docs/How-to-Configure-SAML-2.0-in-Salesforce.html . However, When I try to Login using SSO i get Error -Signature invalid. I am sure that I have uploaded the certificate provided in the mentined link. Does Okta Integration not work with Developer ORG?
See below error information in SAML Validator:
11. Validating the Signature
  Is the response signed? true
  Is the assertion signed? false
  The reference in the response signature is valid
  Signature or certificate problems
  The signature in the response is not valid
  Is the correct certificate supplied in the keyinfo? false

Please can anybody guide me what I am missing here?

Thanks
  • June 03, 2018
how can I access the lightning components created in another org into my current org(in a visual force page)? I am trying to do it using lightning out feature. But authentication would be required to do so? 
  • November 02, 2017
I want to create document folders dynamically in trigger.But DML operations on folders is not allowed.How can achieve it?
  • May 29, 2017
I need to clone parent with its related lists which in turn has related lists. i.e parent->child->grand child 

I can clone them using deep clone but i could not avoid soql query inside for loop and also some part of insertion statements. Can anybody help if there is a better way to achieve it?..

code is as shown below...
public class CategoryDeepCloneUtil 
{
    public static void cloneCategoryMaster(Category__c CTM) 
    {
        Map<category_Details__c,List<Category_Detail_Option__c>> OpportunityLineItemsMapping = new Map<category_Details,List<Category_Detail_Option__c>>();
        List<category_Details__c> newOpportunityList = new List<category_Details__c>();
        List<category_Details__c> oppList = [Select Id, Name,Category_Name__c,Category__c,(Select Id,Name,Category_Details__c,Response_Option__c from category_Details__c.Category_Detail_Options__r) from category_Details__c where Category__c= :CTM.Id];
        Category__c newCTM = CTM.clone(false, true); //do a deep clone
        //insert the account record
        insert newCTM;                  
        for(category_Details__c opp : oppList){
            category_Details__c newOpp = opp.clone(false, true); //do a deep clone
            newOpp.Category__c= newCTM .Id;
            newOpportunityList.add(newOpp);
            OpportunityLineItemsMapping.put(newOpp,opp.Category_Detail_Options__r.deepClone(false,false,false));
        }
        //insert opportunity
        insert newOpportunityList;

for(category_Detailsr__c opp :OpportunityLineItemsMapping.keySet()){
            for(Category_Detail_Option__c oppLineItem : OpportunityLineItemsMapping.get(opp)){
                oppLineItem .Category_Details__c= opp.Id;
            }
        }

insert OpportunityLineItemsMapping.values(); //error showing cannot insert list<list<sobject in dml operation. which forces me to use for loop for accessing map values to insert dem inside for loop. :(
    }
}

• March 10, 2017
I am getting the content of visual force page as word document  using  the contentType="application/msword#{!fileName}.doc" . 
But when word doc is downloaded I want it to be read only.i.e it should not be editable.
 Is there any way to add some property in following xhtml tag which used in that vf page??
<html xmlns:o='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office' xmlns:w='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word' xmlns='http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40'>

Please guide me :(

• February 19, 2017
I have a non-admin user who has the following set of permissions:
  • Schedule Reports
  • Manage Reports in Public Folders
  • Subscribe to Reports
  • Schedule Reports
The user is able to access a report folder called Service Desk Reports and run a report called Open Service Requests. However on scheduling this report, that user is getting following error in email :
"Salesforce.com could not email the report to any of the specified recipients. Check that recipients are specified and that they have the appropriate permissions to view the report."
Why is the user unable to get the scheduled report? What extra permissions do I need to give?
Please Note: When I manually shared the folder with the same user, he was able to get the scheduled report in email.
Is the permission 'Manage Reports in Public Folders" alone not suffecient to get the scheduled report in email?

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks
  • July 05, 2018
how can I access the lightning components created in another org into my current org(in a visual force page)? I am trying to do it using lightning out feature. But authentication would be required to do so? 
  • November 02, 2017
I am getting the content of visual force page as word document  using  the contentType="application/msword#{!fileName}.doc" . 
But when word doc is downloaded I want it to be read only.i.e it should not be editable.
 Is there any way to add some property in following xhtml tag which used in that vf page??
<html xmlns:o='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office' xmlns:w='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word' xmlns='http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40'>

Please guide me :(

• February 19, 2017