• SaasFocus Consulting Pvt. Ltd.

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello all,

I am building a flow to clone a closed-won opportunity in a pipeline for our Support team to conduct training etc. I need to bring all Opportunity Contact Roles with the clone. I figured out how to clone a single Contact Role, but most of our Opportunities have more than one, all of which we need. I've tried two methods:

First, Fast Lookup & Fast Create with sObject Collection Variables which succeeds in duplicating multiple Contact Roles but associates them with the closed-won opportunity, not the new Support Opportunity (I have the Support OpportunityID in a variable but haven't figured out how to use the Assignment element to replace the old OpportunityID with the new OpportunityID). 

Second, with Record Lookup & Record Create via a Loop. In this case, the loop succeeds in cloning the Contact Roles but only the first one - it gets hung up on the first ContactID and doesn't skip to the next one. 

What am I doing wrong? Either method is a viable solution, and any help would be greatly appreciated. 

John
I want to compare the value in a collection - 

Example - "colorCollection" is a collection variable with values which are {Yellow, Yellow, Yellow, Yellow} then update the field "color" should be updated with the common color in that was in the collection, in this case, it should be Yellow
                 Now if the values in the collection are not the same, where "colorCollection" is {Blue, Green} the "color" field should be updated with the value mixed 

I tried to loop through the list but I am not able to compare the previous value with the next value. Any suggestions?

User-added image
When the community user logs in he needs to click the stages until Verification but when he clicks on Documents Review stage the trigger should throw an error.The internal user can be able to click on all the stages.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
We have a group working with the 'Case' Object in Salesforce to log support interactions with customers. When a customer gets in touch with this group, they log many things in this Case, one of which being a related list called 'Product Interest'. This list includes part numbers the particular customer associated with this C
ase is interested in. 

At the end of working with the customer, our group makes a judgement call on if there is potential for future business with this customer. If so, they will change the 'Case Status' to 'Closed to Lead'. Changing the Case to this status automatically creates and assigns a lead in Salesforce for one of our field sales guys to follow up on. The problem I'm running into is I'd like that Product Interest related list also show up in the Lead record once a case has been closed to a lead. This way instead of our sales guys having to go into the case and look, the info will be directly on the lead itself. 

I already have the Product Interest list on the lead object, the problem is getting the correct record to show up in that list associated with the lead. I have also already created 'Lead Lookup' and 'Case Lookup' fields on the Product Interest object itself. I'm just not sure how I can auto populate the lead lookup field once a case has been closed to a lead. 

Any help here is greatly appreciated, I've already tried using Process Builder to no avail and I'm guessing this will require some coding. 
Hello,

How do you have the custom formula field check if there is a WhatID for an Opportunity if there's no direct relationship between Event and Opportunity? Is this possible in a custom activity formula field for Event? Please assist.

Sincerely,
Jackie
I have created a visual workflow to find the opty team members on a related opty (Previous Year Opty) and add them to the current opportunity being created. When I tested the flow, it only created 1 of 3 opty team records I assumed it would. When reviewing my debug logs, I see that it looped through all three, but only one created.  Any help would be appreciated. My Flow is below. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!  

User-added image
User-added image
User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image
Hi,

I want to  copy attachments from an object to another with a visual workflow. I found this source but I need more details.

https://vimeo.com/181552723

Thank you.
In Case Object,I have a custom field which is lookup to user.When I logged into community,I have Javascript button based on that custom filed will populate the logged in username.There I am not supposed to see the hyperlink on detail page.
One way is that  we can use formula field but in my case i have already used maximun object references in case object.
How can i achieve this.Any help can be appreciated.

Thanks 
Geetha
I have a flow that is designed to create a new donation for each campaign member (contact) on a campaign.  The flow is triggered by a button on the campaign.  The flow works fine for low volume, but when I click the button and there are 100+ contacts on the campaign, it fails, with a "too many SOQL queries" error. 

I am using FastLookup / FastUpdate / FastCreate, and was under the impression that the flow functionality was by design able to handle large volumes.  Advice?  Tips? 
User-added image
When a lead moves from one status "Open" to "Marketing-Qualified" I want a rule to auto-populate "MQL Last Activity" and "MQL Last Activity Campaign" fields based on whatever their last activity and last activity campaign was.

The status we have are:
Open
MQL
SIL
Law Firm Nurturing
SAL
SQL
Opportunity
But the only fields I need to be updated are
MQL
SAL
SQL
Opportunity
One thing I also need to ensure happens is if someone skips a status (i.e. MQL straight to SQL) that the current last activity is also updated for SAL. I need this for every combination that can happen when a status is skipped. 

How might I do this? I was told to use Visual Workflow, but I have only completed the Trailhead and that's as much as I know, can someone help me figure this one out? 
Hi, I have created a flow to add an opportunity from a button.  I need to be able to populate a field with the current year, but I can't work out how to do it.  Can anyone help please?
Thanks
Hi all - I'm trying to create a Flow that would create duplicate records in a custom object we have. I want to walk my users through screens to be able to input a few values, then they'd enter a "how many duplicate records do you want to create?" question. For instance, they may say 20, and then it would create 20 duplicate records with all the field values they assigned. Easy way to do this in Flow?

Hello,

I have a Flow question that I hope is simple.

I am trying to design a Flow that will lookup records that meet a certain criteria then place the record IDs in a set of fields on another, already existing, record.

For example, if the lookup finds 3 records I want to then take the ID from record 1 and place it in field 1 on the other record, then take the ID from record 2 and place it in field 2, and take the ID from record 3 and place it in field 3.

I am able to lookup and find the records with no problem but I am not sure how to tell the Flow to loop through the records, grab the ID for each one, and then place the values in the fields in order.

If this is possible and anyone knows how to accomplish this I would appreciate the help.

Thanks!
Hello, I am trying to create a flow to identify the name of the Task "Related To" record. Particularlly for those tasks related to one Custom object. So, I created a flow followed from a process builder which starts every time a Task is created. The flow has been created with two data elements "Get records" and "Update records".
Get records: in order to identify the ID of the custom object from the task "Related To" ID and store the Variable.
Update records: in order to update the task field "Related to (name)" (Text) with the Name of the custom object.
But I think I am missing something or doing something wrong because my flow is not working. I would appreciate any help in this development.User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image 
Hello all,

I am building a flow to clone a closed-won opportunity in a pipeline for our Support team to conduct training etc. I need to bring all Opportunity Contact Roles with the clone. I figured out how to clone a single Contact Role, but most of our Opportunities have more than one, all of which we need. I've tried two methods:

First, Fast Lookup & Fast Create with sObject Collection Variables which succeeds in duplicating multiple Contact Roles but associates them with the closed-won opportunity, not the new Support Opportunity (I have the Support OpportunityID in a variable but haven't figured out how to use the Assignment element to replace the old OpportunityID with the new OpportunityID). 

Second, with Record Lookup & Record Create via a Loop. In this case, the loop succeeds in cloning the Contact Roles but only the first one - it gets hung up on the first ContactID and doesn't skip to the next one. 

What am I doing wrong? Either method is a viable solution, and any help would be greatly appreciated. 

John
Hi SF Community,

I'm somewhat new to Flow, but managed to put together a Flow (with the help of this community) that allows users to click a button (Create SOW) on my Project__c object and fill in a screen that then creates an associated SOW record (SOW__c).

I have a Record Update element at the end of the Flow (see below screen shot) that grabs the SOW Name and adds it to a field called Related Account SOW on the associated project record.  

User-added image

User-added image

I'm looking for a way (maybe a validation through another element) to check to see if a value already exists in the Related_Account_SOW__c field, and if it does, warn the user and don't let them save the record.  We don't want them overwriting this field with a new SOW record if one already exists.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Nick
I have custom object 'Task'. and whant to achieve  this scenario:
On Monday morning, an email should go to each team member with the list of tasks that are due this week.
How to implemente this please guide.
I'm getting the "Too many SOQL queries: 101" error when I try to insert more than 15 records at a time based on a flow I've used to create a sales cycle object to record and track the appropriate call volume each time a lead is worked.  This object needs to be created every time a lead is put into a user's name and a lead doesn't exist.

I've looked up the information about bulkifying a flow and can't seem to find my answer.  I don't have any flows, and my understanding is that it should take these 100 leads I'm updating/inserting and bulk them into 1 SOQL query automatically.  Am I missing something?  Do I need to create an SObject or do a Fast Lookup or Fast Create to trigger the bulkification process?  Right now, every time the lead qualifies it fires a separate interview for each record, so I don't believe that is the right way to go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

NOTE - I posted this on the usual help forum, and was directed here to receieve more targed advice.  THANK YOU!

Visual Flow layout

Hi SF Developers,

I'm not a Developer, but rather an Admin who can dabble in code.  I was told by SF Support to come here with my question about a Flow request.

I'm new to Flow, but have worked out a flow that walks users through a series of screens in order to create a  SOW record (custom object)  via a custom button (New SOW) on a different object (Project). 

I want to pre and auto populate a few fields so the user doesn't have to do it, but I can't seem to figure it out.

1. Pre-populate Client field on Flow screen:
User-added image

2. Auto-populate Related SOW field on project page:
User-added image

I was given this set of instructions in order to accomplish the above two items, and I implemented these insturctions, yet it's not working.  Wondering if anyone can assist?

Instructions...
1. Create a Variable inside the Flow with the following specs:
> Label: recordId
> Type: Text
> Input/Output Type: Input and Output
2. Now, I assume the button would be calling the Flow by a link = 
/flow/Flow_Name?recordId={!Project__c.Id}
Update it like as above. Notice that we sending the Id of the Project record into the Variable inside of the Flow(this is why we set it to Input and Output)  - recordId

3. Now add a Fast Lookup inside the Flow(as the first element even before the Screen) that queries the Project object with a clause = 
Id equals {!recordId}
The result of the Fast Lookup will be an SObject Variable call it - project. Do not forget to query the fields that you are looking for from the Project record. 

4. You can then pre-populate the Screen Input Fields with the fields on the SObject Variable - project.

5. After you create the SOW record(I am not sure what you are using - Fast Create or Record Create but you should use another Variable to capture the Id of the SOW record that gets created), you can use an Assignment node to set the Related Account SOW field on the SObject Variable - project.

6. Then run a Fast Update on the same SObject Variable - project.

Here's a look at my Flow:
User-added image

Let me know if you need screen shots of more specific details in each flow element.
Thanks much!
Nick

I'm building out a test class and receiving a process builder error. The process builder has many nodes, and should probably be split up, I'm having trouble identifying the unhandled fault. I know that the error is becuase some data is missing in the test class. In regular use, the person activating the process builder gets and error log, but in a test class, nothing is sent. The debug log is incredibly hard to read which node in the PB is failing. I am hoping there is an easy way to do this.
I am trying to create a flow that queries all the Contact's records for an email that matches an email on the Lead record and then updates a custom Contact lookup field on the Lead record with the matching Contact. I'm sort of lost as where to start. A fast lookup on the lead or a fast lookup on the Contact record? And which record fields to save in the variable?

Any and all insights or help is appreciated.
  • January 10, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am working on a requirement to check the Lead/Contact email address, against the email address on a separate custom object named "Do not call Log'. For example, if the email address of fake123452@fakeemail.com exists in the email field, on the "Do not call Log" object a user should not be able to create a new Lead/Contact with that same email address. The user should get an error message stating that 'Email address already exists…" I was thinking of creating a flow to run a loop over the "Do not call log" object to check if that email already exists, however, I can't determine a way to get a message to the user upon trying to save the lead/Contact record.

Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts? Should this be done via Apex?

Hi there, I am trying to create a flow that will create multiple oustom object records when an opportunity is closed. 

There is a field on the opportunity that calculates how many records need to be created. Where do I start? I think i have the Assignements estabished and the Sobject collection variable created, I cant fgure out how to initiate the flow.

We should really hire someone to do this, but there is no budget. 

Hey there...,

I am very new to flows and understanding the structure lately. 

Here is my task.

In an object "Testing", there is a field called Iteration# defaulted to 0, value in the field will be +1 when ever the Status (Picklist) changes to "Re-Test". 

I tried using flow, but unable to achive or may be i am doing something wrong here. 

Please help me out.
I'm on final stage of my Flow to 'Create Record' that is a Custom Object. It works through the Debug test, but fails in Production ORG. 
1. Choose Opportunity / Sales User 
2. Checklist Options
3. Following Screens are Dynamic Picklist Selections
4. Summary Screen displays all Choices
5. Create Drawing Screen - Matched Salesforce Picklist Fields with Flow Fields

Confused on the last (Create Record) Variable, I've tried Account/Opportunity ID's but it doesn't seem to like anything. 

thanks for your help in advance. I'm going live next week apparently. 

User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
I have a Custom Object with a numeric field to be used as a counter. The reason for that is not important now.

I'm trying to create a Flow to update the counter for each new object I create.

I have now a Process and a Flow to achieve that. Whenever an object is inserted, the flow gather it's id and passes it as a paramter to the flow.

The flow has 3 components executing the following actions:
  1. Lookup for the object just inserted, using the id informed by the process;
  2. Lookup for any object of that type sorting on the counter field desc. That will get the max value;
  3. Increments the value and update the newly inserted recorde with that counter.
That flow is working as expected when I insert only one record. Because Salesforce bulkify the execution of queries in flows, when I insert more than one object in the same transaction, it groups the queries and run them all at once. That means that it will select the max counter once and increment the same value by 1 for all the new objects I'm inserting.

As an example, if the current max counter for the object is 4 and I insert 10 new objects, all the new objects will have the same counter 5, instead of 5 through 14.

Is there any way I can have a static variable there shared accross all flow instances in that transaction?

Hi everyone,

we have an important issue.
We have a custom object called Organic Leads. We use this object to assign organic leads to a specific territory based on specific criterias.
Once assigned the lead, in the system is automatically created an Account, a Contact and an Event.
What suddenly happens is that the flow duplicates the Contact and the Event created and I have no idea of why that happens.

User-added image

I am not very comfortable with flow, please help me!

I want to create a decision element that says:
If picklist choice is "Inquiry Only" and Checkbox = true, go to error screen

However, when I am using a picklist choice field, how can I get the stored value to read in the decision element?
User-added image
User-added image