• 18 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am having a problem with a stage that is not updating correctly, reps are telling me Stage is incorrect -- it’s supposed to be
automatically updated based on a custom “Timeline” field, but at least some of their
Opportunities have a Stage that doesn’t align with the Timeline. This is an 
automation is written in Process Builder, there is a criteria node about midway down
in the relevant process labeled “Timeline Is Updated.” You see a Field Update action
next to that node labeled “Update Stage.” The timeline field is a
formula field that references a custom object related to Opportunity by lookup.

What are the potential problems I can search for?
I am trying to complete a request. The request is below followed by my answer.   Any help would be appreciated. 

At the end of the year, you’re updating staff members’ goals in Salesforce, which are
written as SOQL queries in a custom object. A team leader wants you to update the goal
for National Mid-Level Organizing Workshop Participants (current version below) to only
include members who are Leaders (“Leader” is the label for a custom boolean field on
the Contact object) and she would also like you to expand the definition to include
members who attend a program with the Track Type marked as “Organizing” or
“Collective Action.” Please edit the snippet below to make these changes.

CampaignMember.Status = 'Attended' AND CampaignMember.Member_Type__c = 'Member' AND
CampaignMember.Contact.Current_LEE_Member_RPT__c = TRUE AND
CampaignMember.Campaign.Program_Scope__c IN ('National') AND
(CampaignMember.Campaign.Track_Type__c INCLUDES ('Organizing' OR Collective Action)) AND Contact.Leader_c = True

I am stuck, I am trying to get a custom field  in opportunit to populate a date when a stage is changed from qualification to another stage. 
I have a client that wants to create a record that is created from an email sent out from Salesforce. I am relatively new and looking for guidance. So an example would be. They create an email to a client in Salesforce and once it is sent creates a new record in a custom object called Service. 
I am trying to change the label on the standard Contact object. It lets me change the label and save. But when I go to the page layout it has not changed
I am working on the Trailhead button for Dashboards and it is asking me to open a report and click on create a dashboard. But I don't see that option anywhere. 
I am getting the above error when trying to complete the Hands On Challenge for "Create Global Quick Actions"  Don't know what to do. It also is asking me to  select a record type and in the module training that options does not appear. I really want to get this done. Is there anyway to get rid of the record type. I also tried to set the stage default to Qualification in "Stages" but it was not an available option. However when I go to  Fields and Relationship and Stages. "Qualification" is listed.

I am working on the Trailhead button for Dashboards and it is asking me to open a report and click on create a dashboard. But I don't see that option anywhere. 
I am getting the above error when trying to complete the Hands On Challenge for "Create Global Quick Actions"  Don't know what to do. It also is asking me to  select a record type and in the module training that options does not appear. I really want to get this done. Is there anyway to get rid of the record type. I also tried to set the stage default to Qualification in "Stages" but it was not an available option. However when I go to  Fields and Relationship and Stages. "Qualification" is listed.

I am trying to complete a request. The request is below followed by my answer.   Any help would be appreciated. 

At the end of the year, you’re updating staff members’ goals in Salesforce, which are
written as SOQL queries in a custom object. A team leader wants you to update the goal
for National Mid-Level Organizing Workshop Participants (current version below) to only
include members who are Leaders (“Leader” is the label for a custom boolean field on
the Contact object) and she would also like you to expand the definition to include
members who attend a program with the Track Type marked as “Organizing” or
“Collective Action.” Please edit the snippet below to make these changes.

CampaignMember.Status = 'Attended' AND CampaignMember.Member_Type__c = 'Member' AND
CampaignMember.Contact.Current_LEE_Member_RPT__c = TRUE AND
CampaignMember.Campaign.Program_Scope__c IN ('National') AND
(CampaignMember.Campaign.Track_Type__c INCLUDES ('Organizing' OR Collective Action)) AND Contact.Leader_c = True

I have my own Salesforce consulting practice, based in the general New York area of the US.  We do a lot of work with a Salesforce application that is designed for law firms and legal offices.  If you are interested in working with me on various on-going Salesforce projects, please contact me directly at donal@dpmtechnology.com
  • April 19, 2018
I am trying to change the label on the standard Contact object. It lets me change the label and save. But when I go to the page layout it has not changed
Did anyone have this issue with challenge 6.

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Didn't find a Lightning page named Key Sales Data. This page must include: 1. List of new Accounts this week, 2. Recent items showing an "Opportunity", "Lead" and "Contact", 3. Log A Call and New Opportunity actions. Don't use the CreateOppty custom Lightning component for this challenge.

My Key Sales Data Lightning page screenshots:
User-added image

User-added image

We are a team of salesforce.com consultants looking for a full time Salesforce Administrator/Consultant who can work virtually with our clients from their home office.  This person must have the ability to get on a call with a client and develop a quick understanding of client business issues.  You will need to be able to evaluate a business issue faced by the customer and determine how best to employ salesforce.com to solve it. 

Core skills would include:

• All normal salesforce.com administration tasks and an understanding of all major functional areas of Salesforce.com
  • Including (but not limited to) reports and dashboards.
  • Data imports (using data loader or other tools).
  • General problem solving skills in Salesforce.com
  • Have a very good feel for where visualforce can be used to solve business problems - for example, where a trigger might be used due to workflow limitations, or where a visualforce page might be used in place of the standard user interface to make a complex business task easier for a user.
  • Ability to design the data model to support given business requirements and architect the various associated systems. 
  • You should be able to efficiently, effectively, and clearly coordinate and manage work with our development team while managing the client relationship from start to finish.  This would include some evening hours to work with our overseas developers to explain & manage project requirements.
  • Salesforce.com Certified Administrator

You do not need to be a developer – other individuals in our company will do the actual development.