• 10 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a "meetings" custom object customized to gather info about our classes for students. We cannot use the Events object for this. The meetings object has start and end date and time. Is there a way I can create a button to create an "export to outlook calendar" item based on information on the salesforce record.
I have some visualforce pages that help me export record information to excel. Is there a way to create an "export to outlook calendar" button for a custom object called "Class" so that after planning the class details in Salesforce users can just as those details as a calendar invite to their outlook calendar instead of having to copy and paste the details into a new invite.

This is different from events object or just adding this to a the calendar in Salesforce.

Anyway I can do this?

Thanks!
New to visualforce

I keep getting this error when I create visualforce pages. The developer console says the error is in line 0, which leads me to believe my code is fine and it is just the name that is returning the error. How can I fix this?

It does not matter what name i give it, I keep getting this error. Help, please!User-added image
I have a visualforce page with a standard controller and a an extension that queries a child and grandchild of the standard controller. The grandchild records have a duplicate match rule. However, my visualforce form only updates existing records. Users do not create new records in it. By the time they get to my visualforce page to edit, they have already said "save and ignore" when they first created the record.

What do I have to do to ignore the duplicate rule for the visualforce page? I would need a sample code as I am new to apex. 

I have a page with a standard controller that calls an extension showing the child and grandchild records. I used this template to create my vf page https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000hKccAAE  (below) However, when I add a save button in the form, it only updates the fields in the object referenced in the standcard controller.
Controller

public with sharing class wrapperclass {
private final Opportunity SiteO;
public List<Account> accountList {get; set;}
public List<Contact> contactList {get; set;}
public wrapperclass (ApexPages.StandardController stdController)
    { SiteO = [SELECT Id, Name FROM Opportunity
                   WHERE Id = :ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id')];
    }
public List<Account> getAccounts() {
  if(accountList == null) {
   accountList = new List<Account>();
   for(Account a: [select Id, Name from Account order by Name limit 10]) {
    accountList.add(a);
   }
  }
  return accountList;
}
public List<Contact> getContacts() {
  if(contactList == null) {
   contactList = new List<Contact>();
   for(Contact c: [select Id, Name, Email, Phone from Contact order by Name limit 10]) {   
    contactList.add(c);
   }
  }
  return contactList;
}

}

Page

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" extensions="wrapperclass" showHeader="True">
    <apex:form >
     <apex:pageBlock >
     <apex:outputText value="{!Opportunity.Name}"/>
         </apex:pageBlock>           
            <!-- In our table we are displaying the cContact records -->
            <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!contacts}" var="c" id="table">
                <apex:column value="{!c.Name}" />
                <apex:column value="{!c.Email}" />
                <apex:column value="{!c.Phone}" />
            </apex:pageBlockTable>
             <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!accounts}" var="a" id="table">
                <apex:column value="{!a.Name}" />              
              </apex:pageBlockTable>                     
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

So, I added this code to my extension but it only updates the specific fields in that list

public PageReference saveAll() {
update contactList;
return null;

}

How can I save all fields in my standard controller AND in the fields I am calling from the extension?

Also, how can I go back to the detail page after saving? the "return null" brings me back to the visualforce page and I want it to go to the page where I have the button. 

I am looking for the simplest answer here as I am not a developer. 
I am building a visualforce page that has the Parent__c record and the Child_Record__c in a form. The goal is to create a page where the users can edit the Parent, the Child and the Grand Child records without having to open related lists.

So far I am able to show the parent and the child in the form but I am having no success in showing the grandchild records. 
I have 3 page blocks
Parent__c
  Child__c
    Grandchild__c (with no fields displayed because I do not know how to access the grandchild)

I have very limited knowledge of apex and played around with some sample apex classes but have had no success retrieving the fields from the grandchild records

How can I access the grandchild fields in an visualforce page? Do I really need an apex class or can it be done just using the standard controller? If I need a class, can someone please provide a sample class for this scenario?

Thanks!
I have no coding experience so I am hoping I can update the visualforce page just throught the field set.

I have an object that has a visualforce page that looks at a Contacts field set. In addition to the contact fields, I would like to add fields from another object to the field set, this is a child object of the contact.

Is there a way I can add fields from child records to a field set?
I have some visualforce pages that help me export record information to excel. Is there a way to create an "export to outlook calendar" button for a custom object called "Class" so that after planning the class details in Salesforce users can just as those details as a calendar invite to their outlook calendar instead of having to copy and paste the details into a new invite.

This is different from events object or just adding this to a the calendar in Salesforce.

Anyway I can do this?

Thanks!
New to visualforce

I keep getting this error when I create visualforce pages. The developer console says the error is in line 0, which leads me to believe my code is fine and it is just the name that is returning the error. How can I fix this?

It does not matter what name i give it, I keep getting this error. Help, please!User-added image
I tried adding visualforce page as tab in lightning app builder and I have also used standard controller in VF page but still I am gettinng error visualforce page not found
Please help.
Thank you in advance.
I am building a visualforce page that has the Parent__c record and the Child_Record__c in a form. The goal is to create a page where the users can edit the Parent, the Child and the Grand Child records without having to open related lists.

So far I am able to show the parent and the child in the form but I am having no success in showing the grandchild records. 
I have 3 page blocks
Parent__c
  Child__c
    Grandchild__c (with no fields displayed because I do not know how to access the grandchild)

I have very limited knowledge of apex and played around with some sample apex classes but have had no success retrieving the fields from the grandchild records

How can I access the grandchild fields in an visualforce page? Do I really need an apex class or can it be done just using the standard controller? If I need a class, can someone please provide a sample class for this scenario?

Thanks!
Hi, i m trying to create attendance tracking for school children can any one advise  me for the data modeling ,and how to track 200+ students everday attendance thanks 
Hi all,

i am trying to align my command button in center but its not working i have used all the css properties like align and float in my output panel but still its not working

<apex:page controller="VistAudit_VFC" action="{!createData}">
 <apex:form >
  <apex:outputLabel value="Audit Visit" style="font-family:Times New Roman;font-size:15px">
 </apex:outputLabel><br></br>

<apex:outputPanel style="float:centre">
 <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
 </apex:outputPanel>

</apex:page>

any help would be appreciated

thanks
Here is my requirement.

I have program.  I have list of participants enrolled for the program.
A spread sheet like UI with attendees on left side and days of the week on the top
would make job easy.

What is the best way to track attendace for a program?