• 0 Points
  • Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a validation rule in effect where a field needs to be checked off in order to save the record.  It acts as an acknowledgment.  After it is checked and the record saved, I would like the checkbox to uncheck itself.  Is there a trigger I can implement that would uncheck the box after completion, however not interfere with the validation rule that enforces the checkbox to be checked when saving. 

Appreciate your help with this!

Thanks,
​​​​​​​Mike
I have a validation rule in effect where a field needs to be checked off in order to save the record.  It acts as an acknowledgment.  After it is checked and the record saved, I would like the checkbox to uncheck itself.  Is there a trigger I can implement that would uncheck the box after completion, however not interfere with the validation rule that enforces the checkbox to be checked when saving.  Appreciate your help with this!

Thanks,
Mike
I have two custom objects talking to one another, but would like a lookup field to pull similar to radio buttons. 

We are an investment firm and have financial accounts linked to the contact record and this other custom object.  When selecting a financial account under that contact, the only lookup options that can be chosen are ones that are linked to that record.  These rules are built in.  This way we can minimize potential errors. 

Here is my question.  Currently the financial account is a lookup field, but comes up empty unless you type the contact's last name in.  An example would be if the client's name is Joe Smith, you would have to type in Smith for his accounts to show up.  This is a process that is not intuitive enough and I believe will be confusing.  What I would rather have are radio type buttons.  Each button would pull an account number associated with that contact.  Same principle, but different look and user experience.  If the contact has one account, there would be one radio button visible.  If the contact had 4 accounts, there would be 4 radio buttons, etc.  I attached a couple screenshots below to help explain. Please let me know how I can do this whether it is a format change or done via Visualforce.  Appreciate it!  

Thx,
Michael

Current Look:
 User-added image

Desired Look
User-added image
I have been buidling out a visualforce templates and ran into an issue when trying to align a couple of the icons side by side.  I have attached the code below.  Then I attached two illustrations.  The first is how it currently looks and the second is how I want it to look.   

Can someone help me modify the code so the end result looks like the 2nd one?  I appreciate it!  

Thanks, 
​Mike 

User-added image
User-added image

User-added image

I have been buidling out a visualforce templates and ran into an issue when trying to align a couple of the icons side by side.  I have attached the code below.  Then I attached two illustrations.  The first is how it currently looks and the second is how I want it to look.   

Can someone help me modify the code so the end result looks like the 2nd one?  I appreciate it!  

Thanks, 
​Mike 

User-added image
User-added image

User-added image