• Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I have a couple of questions about the Apex Debugger. Thanks in-advance to anyone who has answers!

1) The debugger to VS Code only works with scratch orgs, so to use the debugger in a sandbox (not a scratch org), we have to use Force.com and Eclipse, is that right?
2) Force.com is being end-of-lifed as of October 19th of this year. So the debugger for non-scratch org sandboxes will also be dead at that time.
3) The SF doc says that a 'single session' of the debugger is available for orgs with SF Unlimited edition. Does that mean a single developer can use the debugger without incurring any expense? 
4) Is that single session available to all SF devs in a sandbox, and only one can use it at a time, or is it dedicated to a single developer?

Thanks again,
  Joe P.
We're exploring what it will take to convert to the new Notes and Files model. We currently have a fair amount of Apex code in controllers, triggers, pages, etc. that either retrieves or stores Notes and Atatchments.

Aside form the work of converting the existing Notes and Attachments, we're trying to determine the development effort required to change our APex code go handle the new model. Can anyone recommend any best-practices or point me at any documentation on how we might approach this task?

Thank you
We're exploring what it will take to convert to the new Notes and Files model. We currently have a fair amount of Apex code in controllers, triggers, pages, etc. that either retrieves or stores Notes and Atatchments.

Aside form the work of converting the existing Notes and Attachments, we're trying to determine the development effort required to change our APex code go handle the new model. Can anyone recommend any best-practices or point me at any documentation on how we might approach this task?

Thank you
Hey guys, let's say contact is my primary object, but I then do a related lookup on Opportunity, which I have working, how would I do a lookup on a related object to Opportunity, let's call it Closings, can that be done? Here's my code: (The first bold part works, but the second doesn't)
THANKS!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<messaging:emailTemplate subject="TEST" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Contact" >
<messaging:htmlEmailBody >
<html>
<style type="text/css">
body {font-family: arial; size: 12pt;}
</style>
<body>
Dear {!relatedTo.Name},

<br>
<br>
<apex:repeat var="opp" value="{!relatedTo.Opportunities__r}">
    <table border="0">
           <tr>
               <td>{!opp.Name}</td>
           </tr>
    </table>
</apex:repeat>

<apex:repeat var="cls" value="{!relatedTo.Opportunities__r.Closings__r}">
    <table border="0">
           <tr>
               <td>{!cls.Name}</td>
           </tr>
    </table>
</apex:repeat>

Hi, I have an API integration to update some custom fields on SF, the integration works fine I'm able to insert/update data to my SF custom fields.

Last week one of our customers created the custom fields on his sandbox and push them to production and the API started failing with the "invalid cross reference id" error, first I thought (I'm new to SF) this was a permission issue and check the field level security for those custom fields and everything looks OK, I'm starting to think this error is related with the push he did form sandbox to production. Any ideas?
        I am trying to save a content version document.Below is what I am doing 

qr = partner_connection.query("SELECT VersionData from ContentVersion WHERE ContentDocumentID = '" + id + "'");

System.out.println(qr.getSize() > 0);  //returns false.
I have migrated Notes to Enhanced Notes (ContentNote) using SF data loader. Most of the records are migrated successfully, only in few of the records I am receiving following error:

Invalid sharing type "I"
I tried changing the ShareType to 'C' (Collaborator) but same error. Does it have something to do with security settings of the Parent (LinkedEntityId) record?

P.S. All the error records have ParentIds in Quote ('0Q0') or Email Template ('00X') objects.