• -1 Points
  • Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Since the 17th of April the connection established between Client and Agent in Snap Ins is taking quite a long time in comparison to how fast it was responding previously. The connection is still established and the agent does get the Client request for a chat almost immediately but once the agent accepts the request, it takes up to 4 minutes to actually establish the connection and for the Client to view the Chat screen. Is this a known issue? Has anyone faced a similar issue before? And if so what was the cause of it and what was the solition? Thank you
Hi

I created a component for the Pre chat form and following the examples in the Developer Guide 18, it basically creates the inputs from the custom Pre chat form by collecting them as arrays. It all is inserted just fine in the pre chat form but, the values of the inputs, such as name, are assumed as valid when they are empty which should not be a valid input specially since they are "required" as part of their attributes.

I have been searching for a solution for this and the only solution that makes sence in my mind would be to add an external script that would validate the customer inputs, so in other words that script would be part of the Static Resources and I would call it with this method "embedded_svc.settings.externalScripts = ['validation']", although this script is being ignore for some reason and the custom"prechat.js" from Live agent keep giving me this message: Validation passed, firing chat request event.

Is there a better way to validate the inputs for them not to be empty before starting a live chat? Is there a particular reason as to why my script that is a Static Resource is being ignored?
Since the 17th of April the connection established between Client and Agent in Snap Ins is taking quite a long time in comparison to how fast it was responding previously. The connection is still established and the agent does get the Client request for a chat almost immediately but once the agent accepts the request, it takes up to 4 minutes to actually establish the connection and for the Client to view the Chat screen. Is this a known issue? Has anyone faced a similar issue before? And if so what was the cause of it and what was the solition? Thank you
Hi

I created a component for the Pre chat form and following the examples in the Developer Guide 18, it basically creates the inputs from the custom Pre chat form by collecting them as arrays. It all is inserted just fine in the pre chat form but, the values of the inputs, such as name, are assumed as valid when they are empty which should not be a valid input specially since they are "required" as part of their attributes.

I have been searching for a solution for this and the only solution that makes sence in my mind would be to add an external script that would validate the customer inputs, so in other words that script would be part of the Static Resources and I would call it with this method "embedded_svc.settings.externalScripts = ['validation']", although this script is being ignore for some reason and the custom"prechat.js" from Live agent keep giving me this message: Validation passed, firing chat request event.

Is there a better way to validate the inputs for them not to be empty before starting a live chat? Is there a particular reason as to why my script that is a Static Resource is being ignored?