• 30 Points
  • Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a very large customer requirement in which they have products and a customer object related to Cases that references those products (when they are used in a case).

What they would like to do is have a related object to products to capture stock available, having a custom object would allow me to have batches and batch numbers which is why ive chosen that way over just a quantity field on the product. 
Then be able pick them when completing a repair, and have the counters be dynamic, updating when stock is replensihed and decreasing when they are consumed. 
Anyone have any thoughts how i could best complete this?

I have a use case where our service team has multiple assets per case. Each asset moves through the service process independently however there are times where they can all be updated at once, such as recieving them in, or quoting them all at once (all within 1 Case). 
Currently the team clicks into each one and does it one by one, or goes to a list view, searches for them and does the mass update option. 

They would like, going forward, a button on the case object that launches some sort of screen flow that lists all of the related assets and some fields for update and you can select which ones to update. 
For example to quote, they need to tick the quote sent box and fill in a quote # field, so ideally a button like "quote assets" that brings up all the asset within that case in the quote stage, and you can select the ones on the quote and fill in the quote number once and its copys it to each of them.

I thought this might be a screen flow but after learning about them - this doesnt seem the right fit.

Does anyone have any ideas or be able to point me to the right direction to complete this task?

Appreciate the help.

I need a process to run each morning to update another field based on the date (basically make it true if the date = TODAY.

But the process builder requires a record to be either edited or created. 

Does anyone know a way around this?
DYING for some help on this one.

I need to pull the last opportunity line item (opportunity product) date and i cant figure out how to do it.

Use Case:
I have an opportunity where a customer has order 100 units, and wants them in 5 drops of 20. So i will need to create 5 different line items, with 5 different drop dates. 
I need to be able to pull out the line with the last drop date into a field on the main opportunity record page.

I have wrapped my brain and cant figure out how to even get close.

Ive got an issue where my team arent updating the CLose Date on the main opportunity. 

We need the close date to match the latest close date for an opportunity product attached to the opportunity but i cant for the life of me figure out how to go about this. 

Would anyone have any ideas?

Hi,

I am trying to have my tasks and activities automatically pull through between Cases/Assets/Custom Object/Account the same way that tasks and activities auto atically pull through between Contacts/Opportunities and Accounts.

The solution i got through Salesforce help was a lookup field that i need to fill manually, and that does work, but i noticed that you dont need to do that for Accounts/Contacts/Opportunites and they are all automatically pulled through to the Account.

Is this something that can be achieved with coding?

Hey Team,

Im at an absolute loss with this request from my team.

When an opportunity appears (a project), before it hits Order Recieved, it has multiple of our accounts (customers) bid on it. 

At the moment we dont track that, but would like to, but i cant figure out a way to have multiple accounts on an opportunity without creating 10x lookup fields which would be extremely cluttery and impossible to consistantly report on. 

Am i missing something? I feel like multiple accounts bidding on one Opportunity should be something that Salesforce could handle. 

Current Report

I would like to be able to show the Parent accounts true values in reports such as the one above. 

Wenco sits in 4th, with child accounts in 5th and a few other places. 

I would like to be able to show Wencos true value as the current value + that of all of its child accounts, and not show the child accoutns on thier own. That would show that they are, in fact, our top client. 

It seems like a basic piece of functionality but i cant seem to understand it.

Hi,

Im at a loss trying to figure out how to put this information into Salesforce and would love some guidance.

I would like to add Product, Quantity and Price to our Oppotunities so that they are able to be tracked. 

For example:
Company-A orders 3 Apples, 2 Oranges and 7 Pears

On the opportunity somewhere i would like to have that they have ordered 3 Apples, 2 Oranges and 7 Pears like

Apple        3      $5
Orange     2      $3
Pear         7      $4

From there i would love to be able to run reports to see which companies liked to order Pears or what the total Apple sales were for the year, etc...

We have more products than just the 3.

Im at a complete deadend of how to impliment, or even if it can be implimented. 

Would appreciate any sort of help, thanks in advance.

We currently have two fields, one a multichoice field where we can pick the products the customers were interested in. The other, a free text quantity feild.

What we would like is to have a table with three collumns, Product, Quantity and Price.

For example, if the customer wanted 3x Computers, 4x Cameras and 1x Phones, we would currently list that as Product: (multi choice picklist) Computers, Camera, Phone and Quantity (free text): 8.

We arent able to differentiate within the quantity and therefore cant run the reports we would like. 

With the table it would look like this:User-added image

We have some custoemrs who would have up to 30-40 different products, so instead of having a tablewith 30-40 blank lines, we would like the option to "add new".

Now im not sure if the above is possible, so would be looking for guidance as to whether or not it can be achieved. When i messaged Salesforce Support they said it wasnt an opion within Salesforce but it can be done in Visualforce, ive never used Visualforce before though so wasnt sure. 
DYING for some help on this one.

I need to pull the last opportunity line item (opportunity product) date and i cant figure out how to do it.

Use Case:
I have an opportunity where a customer has order 100 units, and wants them in 5 drops of 20. So i will need to create 5 different line items, with 5 different drop dates. 
I need to be able to pull out the line with the last drop date into a field on the main opportunity record page.

I have wrapped my brain and cant figure out how to even get close.