• 0 Points
  • Member since 2022

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am looking for the best design to make a daily scheduled callout to process 10s of thousands of records. My plan is to create a schedulable apex class that runs a batch apex. In the start of the batch apex I make the callout and I get back the records from the API. In the execute method, I go through the records and upsert the records into Salesforce. Is this a sound approach? My only concern is that the call out to the api and the processing of the batch (start and execute methods) run in the same context so if the callout takes 3-4 seconds there is the risk of this becoming a long running transaction. My question is first am i correct in having this concern and if yes, how can I make the callout its own async transaction and then once the callout response is recieved then to process the records through batch apex.
I need to convert pdf files into TIFF whenever a file is uploaded in Salesforce. Can this be done programtically using apex classes or a third party service is required?
Hello, i have an integration user with a custom profile. When informatica integration runs, the login status is success, the login type is Other Apex API and the application in the login history has the N/A value. The integration on the informatica side is failing. When I change the profile to system admin, the integration does not fail. The login history is also different. The login type is Remote Access 2.0 and the application column has a value for application name which is one of my connected apps. I am trying to figure out which setting on the system admin profile needs to be replicated on the cusotm profile, but I don't know. Can anyone tell from the information I have provided here which setting is missing on my custom profile?