• 0 Points
  • Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I just noticed that our SF instance has been moved from NA3 to NA5. When I try to explicitly login to NA3, I get  redirected to NA5 automatically. Will this redirect be supported indefinitely?
The issue is that we have custom code that sometimes creates links to objects using our instance URL. We will fix it to generate NA5 links from now on, but I wanted to check if we need to clean up old NA3 links and replace with NA5, in case the redirect will stop working at some point.

The scenario I'm talking about could be the following:
- A user is logged in into SF, redirected to NA5, and is looking at the Case record, a description of which contains a lilnk to an Opportunity, but the link is defined as https://na3.salesforce.com/zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Thanks,
Oleg

• May 24, 2007
Did SalesForce start enforcing the query parameter distinctions between the Date and DateTime fields?

A query containing a DateTime field in a filter condition used to take date-only parameters just fine.
I.e. select id from Sales_Forecast__c where CreatedDate > 2007-01-19 was not causing any problems even though the CreatedDate is a DateTime field and we’re giving it a date-only param. Now that causes an error, but this select id from Sales_Forecast__c where CreatedDate > 2007-01-19T11:11:11Z runs ok.

Did anyone else notice this? Could someone from SF please confirm or deny this?

Thanks,
Oleg.

• January 22, 2007
I'm trying to write a routine that would update a file stored in the Document object with a new version of the same file that is located on a specified URL. It *almost* works - I can parse the URL, retrieve the new file and set the body() field on the Document object to the new file's contents, but when I call the update(), the file on the Document object does not get modified. At first I thought that I was setting the body of the file wrong, so tried to update my document object with different file altogether, and that worked... It seems like the update() doesn't like the fact that I update a document object with a file named the same as the one that it's currently point to.

Here's what I'm doing:

Setup:

1. Create a Document object with a file f1.txt and a text "word1" in it and set the Description field to "copyfrom:http:\\localhost\f1.txt"
2. Change the file in the f1.txt on my drive to contain two words "word1, word2"

Tests:

a) Run my code that parses the description, and attempts to update the file on the document object with the new f1.txt file. Result - failure.
The update goes fine (SaveResult = success), the document object's timestamp changes, but when I click a link to a file - I get the old f1.txt with "word1" in it.

b) I rename the file on disk from f1.txt to f2.txt, and update the description on the document object to point to "copyfrom:http:\\localhost\f2.txt" and run my code. Result - success. The link is now opening f2.txt with the text "word1, word2".

Q: Are there any options on the document object I should set before attempting this kind of update ?

Thank you,
Oleg.
  • August 22, 2005

How long does a Self-Service user's session live AFTER the user has logged out?

Here's what I'm trying to do:

I have a link on the self service page pointing to a servlet. I'm passing a self-service session ID to it and everything works fine when the user is logged in. However, I  would expect the session to expire as soon as the user logs out, which does not seem to happen. If I copy the a link with that session ID (after the logout) to another browser and attempt to call my application again, it does NOT fail.

Q's:

1) Does a session automatically expire after a certain time?

2) Is there a way to invalidate it right after the logout?

Thank you,

Oleg.

• February 17, 2005

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way of getting information of a "Self-Service" user through the API. I'm passing a user ID of the user currently logged in to the self-service portal into my servlet (as a link parameter) and I'm trying to get the email address based on that ID.  I'd like to avoid passing the email address for security concerns. The problem is that this is not a regular SF User or Contact and I can't seem to query for any other details of that self-service user ID. Is there a way to do it at all? If so, which object would I query?

Thank you,

Oleg.

• January 03, 2005

Hello,

I'd like to define a web link in SalesForce to point to a specific port on my local machine so I could debug a servlet when a request comes in. My machine is behind a companyfirewall, but my network admin sais he could set it up if I give him an IP address (or a range of IPs) from which a request could come in (for security purposes). Does anyone know what that range is?

Thank you,

Oleg.

• February 25, 2004
Did SalesForce start enforcing the query parameter distinctions between the Date and DateTime fields?

A query containing a DateTime field in a filter condition used to take date-only parameters just fine.
I.e. select id from Sales_Forecast__c where CreatedDate > 2007-01-19 was not causing any problems even though the CreatedDate is a DateTime field and we’re giving it a date-only param. Now that causes an error, but this select id from Sales_Forecast__c where CreatedDate > 2007-01-19T11:11:11Z runs ok.

Did anyone else notice this? Could someone from SF please confirm or deny this?

Thanks,
Oleg.

• January 22, 2007
I'm trying to write a routine that would update a file stored in the Document object with a new version of the same file that is located on a specified URL. It *almost* works - I can parse the URL, retrieve the new file and set the body() field on the Document object to the new file's contents, but when I call the update(), the file on the Document object does not get modified. At first I thought that I was setting the body of the file wrong, so tried to update my document object with different file altogether, and that worked... It seems like the update() doesn't like the fact that I update a document object with a file named the same as the one that it's currently point to.

Here's what I'm doing:

Setup:

1. Create a Document object with a file f1.txt and a text "word1" in it and set the Description field to "copyfrom:http:\\localhost\f1.txt"
2. Change the file in the f1.txt on my drive to contain two words "word1, word2"

Tests:

a) Run my code that parses the description, and attempts to update the file on the document object with the new f1.txt file. Result - failure.
The update goes fine (SaveResult = success), the document object's timestamp changes, but when I click a link to a file - I get the old f1.txt with "word1" in it.

b) I rename the file on disk from f1.txt to f2.txt, and update the description on the document object to point to "copyfrom:http:\\localhost\f2.txt" and run my code. Result - success. The link is now opening f2.txt with the text "word1, word2".

Q: Are there any options on the document object I should set before attempting this kind of update ?

Thank you,
Oleg.
  • August 22, 2005

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way of getting information of a "Self-Service" user through the API. I'm passing a user ID of the user currently logged in to the self-service portal into my servlet (as a link parameter) and I'm trying to get the email address based on that ID.  I'd like to avoid passing the email address for security concerns. The problem is that this is not a regular SF User or Contact and I can't seem to query for any other details of that self-service user ID. Is there a way to do it at all? If so, which object would I query?

Thank you,

Oleg.

• January 03, 2005

Hello,

I'd like to define a web link in SalesForce to point to a specific port on my local machine so I could debug a servlet when a request comes in. My machine is behind a companyfirewall, but my network admin sais he could set it up if I give him an IP address (or a range of IPs) from which a request could come in (for security purposes). Does anyone know what that range is?

Thank you,

Oleg.

• February 25, 2004