• 40 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am looking for a way to import records to a custom object "Expense" and set the Owner by referencing an external ID on User.

So far, the only thing I have found that can do this is the custom object import wizard, and that isn't going to work because we need to do this daily and you can't save a map or set constants.

I appears that this can't be done with Data Loader (SF), Jitterbit Dataloader, or even DemandTools.

Here is a screenshot that shows how this works with the import wizard: http://www.screencast.com/t/apHyBg1W

Any suggestions on a tool that can do the same? If I can't find anything, I think I'll have to build a trigger to update the owners after insertion.

I have a managed base package that passed security review and is an Aloha app. Does my managed extension package inherent that security review and Aloha status, or must I submit seperately?

I want to control licensing to the base package through LMA, but seemlessly allow users that have access to the base package to have access to the extension package. Should I use the Manage Licenses option in AppExchange publishing or not?

I looked at LMA documentation and publishing extension packages H&T and couldn't find these answers.

Thanks,

Chad

Our application uses the Apex Single Email method and it has come to our attention that the inclusion of a space between email addresses results in the email not being sent, but no error is returned. In another words, no error is returned by apex and the email is quietly black holed. There isn't even a reference to it in the email logs. For example: To:joe@company.com; bob@company.com; barb@company.com (will fail without error) To:joe@company.com;bob@company.com;barb@company.com (will succeed) This appears to have started around early July 2012, but Salesforce support denies any change was made and says its by design. Whatever the case, emails should never be silently black holed. Anyone else seeing this?

We are seeing what appears to be an undocumented change in Summer '12 regarding the default field visibility for fields included in managed packages.

In Spring '12 and earlier, when you installed a package for System Administrators only, all internal users had visibility to fields included in the package. I agree this is odd, but it made setup easier on the installer.

In Summer '12, only System Administrators have field visibility (security) when installing for System Administrators only.

We are seeing this new behavior with 3 different packages we have.

I agree that the new behavior is logical, but partners will need to update their setup instructions quick.

Anyone have any info on this?

Internet Creations is a seeking an enthusiastic and energetic problem solver to fill a full-time position for a Salesforce/Apex Developer (or a Java developer that learns quickly) to code our popular AppExchange apps and to write custom applications for customers. Internet Creations is an established leader in helping companies across five continents operate more efficiently using Salesforce. We provide a work environment that is fun and informal, yet challenging and demanding.

If you're an experienced Salesforce Apex Developer, telecommuting is okay, however if you're new to the platform, we require you be onsite in our Hamilton, NJ central office.

Please submit an application here to be considered.  Principals only, no recruiters.

http://ic.force.com/jobapp?id=a0D40000009becO

Internet Creations is a seeking an enthusiastic and energetic problem solver to fill a full-time position for a Salesforce/Apex Developer (or a Java developer with equivalent experience) to code our popular AppExchange apps and to write custom applications for customers. 

For more details and to apply, visit: http://ic.force.com/jobapp?id=a0D40000009becO

Adobe Flex developer needed for Adobe Air desktop (Windows, Mac) and mobile (iOS, Android) application. Must have a strong background in front end development, especially with expanding standard UI components beyond their basic functionality. Application will be using DataGrids, file systems, user driven event handlers, and asynchronous API callouts.

For more details and to apply, visit: http://ic.force.com/jobapp?id=a0D4000000AtoIX

Sorry in advance for my SSO ignorance.

I need some direction on connecting an external web portal for a membership organization to either Salesforce Self Service Portal Users or Customer Portal users, not full SFDC users.  Customers will be logging in, not employees.  In another words, the user/member credentials will be in SFDC and the external web portal needs to be able to authenticate against SFDC.

- Can I "query" against (free) Self Service Portal users, or are Customer Portal Users required?

- Can SFDC serve as the indentity provider directly for this scenario, or do I need to involve someone like Ping Identity?

Thanks in advance for any direction or advice you can offer!

We sell managed packages and use LMA for license enforcement.  Our customers can purchase monthly licenses or perpetual licenses, the latter of which require them to pay annual maintenance to obtain upgrades and support.

If someone stops paying the monthly fee its easy to turn the license completely off.  But if someone purchases a perpetual license and stops paying annaul maintenance, I want to allow them to continue to use the package version they currently have installed, but prevent them from installing an upgrade.

Does anyone know if it is possible to check a license record during an install for a Maintenance Expires date and only allow a package upgrade based on that date?  If not, my only remedy is to make the customer pay for support to continue using the version they were contractually unauthorized to install, or force them to uninstall and re-install an older version.  Neither of these alternatives are good.

Thanks in advance,

Chad

I am trying to figure out how to get my Knowledge Articles attached to outbound emails when they are driven by Apex.  I have a text template with the merge field {!Case.Articles_as_PDFs} and that works perfectly fine when the template is manually selected, but no attachments are added when I'm using an Apex based send email method.  I came across this and wonder if its related:

http://sites.force.com/blogs/apex/ideaview?id=08730000000HtcAAAS 

There seems to be no magic Articles as PDFs merge field available in a Visualforce template.  This leaves me thinking I need to manually build the attachment in the Visualforce template which I'm really hoping to avoid.

Any advice?

We have a custom email to case solution setup using Apex Email Services and have been seeing the following error once a week sent to the address specified for error routing:

+++++++++++

The attached message was sent to the Email Service address <e2c@xxxxxxxxxxx.in.salesforce.com> but could not be processed because the following error occurred:

554 Domain contains illegal character

+++++++++++

According to Salesforce.com support, the issue lies in the Apex Class specified in the email service.  I find this difficult to understand as the error makes no mention of either the class name or the namespace it originates from.  A careful examination of failed emails revealed no apparent RFC issues with the domain names in any of the email fields.  My understanding is that the Apex Email Service parses the email fields out (Subject, Text Body, From, To, etc.) and the Apex Class references that.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

I have searched and expiremented, but I'm unable to automatically have a customer portal user gain access to custom objects related to their account.  In another words, when any contact from ABC Company logs in to the portal, I want them to be able to view records on any tab that are related to the ABC Company account.

Presently, if I try to run a view on a tab/object, I get "Data not available for this view." even though there is at least one record associated with the ABC Company account.

This seems to work properly for cases, presumably because case sharing is tied to Account sharing.

Thanks in advance for any insight! 

We have a piece of code which is working fine for Salesforce licenses but is failing when it runs under Site Guest User licence in client's instance as a part of managed package. This code is in Attachment object 'on insert' trigger.
FeedItem resumeFile = new FeedItem(
	ParentId = resumePoolChatterGroup.Id,
	Type = 'ContentPost',
	ContentData = resumeAttachment.Body,
	ContentFileName = resumeAttachment.Name,
	CreatedById = idToContactMap.get(resumeAttachment.ParentId).OwnerId
);
It failed on line:
CreatedById = idToContactMap.get(resumeAttachment.ParentId).OwnerId
and tells:
System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, AVTRRT.Trigger_Attachment: execution of AfterInsert caused by: line 7, column 37: Dependent class is invalid and needs recompilation: AVTRRT.ChatterResume: line 70, column 66: Field is not writeable: FeedItem.CreatedById: []
In Salesforce documentation it tells:
If the logged-in user has the “Insert System Field Values for Chatter Feeds” user permission, the create field property is available on CreatedBy and CreatedDate system fields for this object. This allows the logged-in user to set these fields to the original post author and creation date upon migration instead of accepting the system field value when migrated, which would be the logged-in user and the date the migration was performed, respectively. The fields can't be updated after migration.
I tried to set “Insert System Field Values for Chatter Feeds” permission but didn't find such option.

Also, the issue is happening only for one of client's Force.com Site. For another one we don't have such issue.

Is it possible to make it work? 

I'm working on enhancing our customer portal, and one of the things we have exposed are the Contacts for a user's account.  Currently, customer portal users can view, create, and update Contacts, but I haven't found a way for them to delete Contacts.

I did a bunch of Google searches, but everything I found had to do with deleting actual customer portal user accounts, or enabling customer portal users to create other portal users, NEITHER of which is what I'm trying to do.  One thing I did notice is I'm unable to give Delete access to any objects for the customer portal profile we're using (which is a custom profile, not the standard one).

I'm just trying to find a way for customer portal users to be able to maintain their own contacts, and delete them if they're no longer needed, without having to open a case for us to delete them for them.

Assuming this is not possible out-of-the-box, can it be done with a custom Contact controller extension and Visualforce page?  Or would that not help, if I can't give Delete access to the Contact object, even a custom extension/VF page won't be able to delete them either?

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

I'm trying to implement a public knowledge base that can be accessed via our web site. I followed the instructions in the Creating a Public Knowledge Base with SFDC Knowledge implementation guide. I created a Force.com site making sure to adhere to the notes about what not to configure prior to installing the PKB 2 app from the AppExchange. The next step in the implementation guide is to configure the PKB Site Set-up Object, however this object is not showing up. The only PKB object options I see are PKB 2 Settings, PKB Article deflection and PKB Featured. I can't go any farther with this set-up until I can access and configure the PKB Site Setup Object. What am I doing wrong here?

Also, I want to be sure that PKB is set-up on the Force.com site, and my users have access.  The site says login not allowed, perhaps I missed something.

Hi,

How can I set it up so that public case comments will email both the main case contact as well as the contact roles associated with the case?

I am not able to access any of the reports via my customer portal user. I have made the folder and the object and the report accessible to the portal users. I think I know the problem, but just dont know how to solve it. The problem seems to be the "Run Report" Permission which is missing from the profile of the customer portal user. I have cloned the standard authenticted website user profile, but I am not able to find the permission. I also tried to add a permission set, but the permission set also does not show the run report or export report permission.

Thanks in advance!!

Hi,

I have been given a specification and I have seen a lot on the boards that suggest's this may not possible, Any input from those with more experience would be appreciated.

The Trigger will

move the values in the following custom fields “Program / Platform”, “Customer P/N”, “Tooling Value” and “Production Type” from the Opportunity Product Line

to Quote line item

custom fields “Program / Platform”, “Customer P/N”, “Tooling Value” and “Production Type”.

The Quote Line will be associated

to the Quote that was created from the “New” button action on the Opportunity Related List

“Quote”.

Thanks in advance for your input.

• July 25, 2012

We are seeing what appears to be an undocumented change in Summer '12 regarding the default field visibility for fields included in managed packages.

In Spring '12 and earlier, when you installed a package for System Administrators only, all internal users had visibility to fields included in the package. I agree this is odd, but it made setup easier on the installer.

In Summer '12, only System Administrators have field visibility (security) when installing for System Administrators only.

We are seeing this new behavior with 3 different packages we have.

I agree that the new behavior is logical, but partners will need to update their setup instructions quick.

Anyone have any info on this?

HI All,

We are using Salesforce as IdP and we enabled also the Single Sign-on settings in Salesforce. Now we want to use Heroku and Play! to access Salesforce and the Play! application is the service provider.

This all works fine when using an internal salesforce user, but we want to use this functionality with a customer portal user but how can we manage that.

I found a doc where it states that we need to add the portal_id and the organization_id to the saml assertion but we only have a saml request and the saml assertion comes from the identity provider i think.

Help would be appreciated.

thx Sven

• March 08, 2012

We sell managed packages and use LMA for license enforcement.  Our customers can purchase monthly licenses or perpetual licenses, the latter of which require them to pay annual maintenance to obtain upgrades and support.

If someone stops paying the monthly fee its easy to turn the license completely off.  But if someone purchases a perpetual license and stops paying annaul maintenance, I want to allow them to continue to use the package version they currently have installed, but prevent them from installing an upgrade.

Does anyone know if it is possible to check a license record during an install for a Maintenance Expires date and only allow a package upgrade based on that date?  If not, my only remedy is to make the customer pay for support to continue using the version they were contractually unauthorized to install, or force them to uninstall and re-install an older version.  Neither of these alternatives are good.

Thanks in advance,

Chad

Hi All,

I have create a managed package and install that in different environment. After the installation I could realize that the all the workflows had been deactivated in installed environment. So, how can I automatically activate then at installation?

Or any workaround for stop the deactivation when create the package?

Thanks in Advance

I know that Salesforce formulas suffer from the tendency to explode in size if formulas include other formula fields but I have an extremely tiny formula that includes no other formula fields and the stupid thing compiles to 6,547 characters.  Can anyone explain why?  Here is the formula:

IF(ISBLANK(Fax_Received_on_Number__c), "Unknown",
     CASE(RIGHT(Fax_Received_on_Number__c,10), "0005551111", "000-555-1111",
                 "0005552222", "000-555-2222", "000-555-3333"))

Fax_Received_on_Number__c is a simple text field that is 40 characters long.  It is not a required field and no default formula is defined for the field.

How in the world does that simple formula grow so big when it's compiled?

Hi,

We are trying to implement SSO in our org, we are able to put salesforce as IDP and connect it to other SP (php based) using simplesamlPHP. But we are not able to retrieve any customer portal user to be authenticated.

Is it possible to authenticate customer portal user with Salesforce as IDP? Currently, we only able to authenticate salesforce standard user.

I am already following this guideline:

https://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/identity_provider_enable.htm

https://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/service_provider_define.htm

choose all of customer portal profiles, but it still cannot get authenticated

Is there other configuration that I have to do or missed?

Thanks,

Hey all,

I'm sure this is super easy, I just can't quite seem to figure out the right series of clicks and options :P

We set up email to case through the on demand service and it is working beautifully. One feature we would like though, is when a new email comes in related to a case, to notify the case owner via another email. There is lots of information regarding case comments, but we are not utilizing the portal only, just email to case. I attempted to create a workflow rule attached to the email object, but email alert is not an option for email object workflow rules.

How would I go about solving this. Ideally it would be a workflow rule that says "If an email comes in, and the case owner is a user (not a queue) then email that case owner a notification to inform them their case has been updated".

I suppose I could chain two workflow rules, one field update via the email object, then make another that says when that field is updated send an email notice, but that seems superfluous. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

I just installed the force.com Case History application. When I click on the Case History button within a case, I get a URL no longer exists message. Any clue?

• February 09, 2011

I have created email services and a inbound email class for receiving the email.

i was getting proper email.fromName two days back but now i m getting it null every time .

Is there any changes made related to the inbound email as i have checked in outbound email by using "mail.setSenderDisplayName('kamal')" and im getting proper name in the email.

please anyone can help me with this issue its making me crazy coz this inbound email.fromname was working

2 days back but now its not working i have tested in developer ,sandbox and production all the three orgs but the

same result the email.fromName is null every were.

I am trying to figure out how to get my Knowledge Articles attached to outbound emails when they are driven by Apex.  I have a text template with the merge field {!Case.Articles_as_PDFs} and that works perfectly fine when the template is manually selected, but no attachments are added when I'm using an Apex based send email method.  I came across this and wonder if its related:

http://sites.force.com/blogs/apex/ideaview?id=08730000000HtcAAAS 

There seems to be no magic Articles as PDFs merge field available in a Visualforce template.  This leaves me thinking I need to manually build the attachment in the Visualforce template which I'm really hoping to avoid.

Any advice?

I'm surprised I can't find this anywhere: I'm trying to make a custom mailto: link in SFDC that automatically bcc's the user's Email to Salesforce address:

mailto:{!Contact.email}?bcc={!$User.????}

How can I refer to this?

Ok, so here is it. 

• I have a customer who installed a trial version of a managed package into their sandbox. 
  • Our LMA does not show a license record for that new installation.
  • We have a workflow that sends out an automated email to the customer when the package is about to expire based on the LMA's License Record's Expiration field.  They got that message.  How did that happen if the record never existed?
  • Problem: Customer needs an extension of the trial period.  How can I extend the trial period if the LMA record does not exist?

What is the reason that the install into the sandbox does not show in the LMA?

Will it actually expire in the sandbox? (maybe this answers the question above?)

If it will expire, how do I extend it if I can't see it in the LMA?

I have used the Data Explorer to see if there are more records there than the web interface is displaying, but I didn't see anything.

Ideas? Answers?

Thanks Much.